Get Saved - now!
The Gospel by which we are saved.
What must be understood .
There is only one gospel by which we are saved. Paul outlined this in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 and Jesus did in Luke 24:44-48. In neither of these passages are your works included in salvation, or works or acts of a priest (called priestcraft - the heresy of sacerdotalism, or sacramentalism) with such acts as infant baptism, absolution from a priest, death bed rituals, metousiosis etc. Salvation is entirely in Christ. Get this straight - you could not earn two minutes in Paradise with God if you worked for a hundred thousand billion years!
A truncated form of the gospel (or good news) is found in the famous verse John 3:16, which again is salvation in Christ alone. With true belief repentance is always present, but repentance does not save your soul, Jesus does. It is so important to believe this one true Gospel that in Galatians 1:6-9 it is emphatically stated that if you preach another Gospel you are anathema, or under the curse of God.
THEREFORE: If you believe in Jesus today (that is to trust in and rely upon him for your salvation) by him dying for your sins when he was crucified, and raised from the dead (for your justification) you will be saved, as such belief is always accompanied by repentance on your part.
I sincerely hope you do not turn away this wonderful free gift from God today by a lack of Faith, about just how good God is, or how wonderful his gift of salvation is.
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9.
If you are sincere you will now be spiritually born again to become a child of God.
You should now seek to be baptized "in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost". Baptism plays no part whatsoever in your salvation.
He is that good. He is that kind. Jesus has done it all !" Jesus saves!" That is the Good news! That is the one true gospel! Believe it and receive it!
a) This does mean you are in a state of salvation, should you die today.
b) It does not mean that if you fall into long term, serious unrepentant sin and die you are still in a state of salvation. Every tree is known by his fruit (not saved by it). In such event you were either a counterfeit from the start or a form of apostate.
Interesting other facts about how we are saved.
The Trinity in Salvation .
1) God the Son in salvation: The story of the miraculous draft of fishes. This is not parable, it is a real incident, but it has a spiritual dimension in salvation (Luke 5: 1 - 11). The disciples fished all night and caught nothing, because a persons soul is not and never has been saved by a man. Then Jesus turns up, the net is placed into the sea again, and only when Jesus is involved do all the fish swim into the net. This shows men are saved through the power of and in the presence of Jesus. The salvation of a mans soul is between him and God, with zero necessity that a priest is actually a prerequisite.
2) God the Father in salvation . "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:44.
In the span of our lives God the Father might draw a person into salvation on several occasions. Man is a free will being and can actively resist and reject the free gift of salvation in Christ if he so (tragically) decided. Some people get saved the very first time God the Father draws them, some the final time.
3) God the Holy Spirit in salvation . "And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice." 1 Kings 19:12.
"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged." John 16:7-11.
Two of the promises of the quote "new and better covenant, founded on better promises" are spiritual rebirth to become a child of God (whereby the equivalent of the passover feast is now the bread of sincerity) and the companionship and help of the Holy Spirit in our lives, guiding us by his still small voice in our heart, mind, soul and spirit.
4) The Trinity in salvation : Father, Son and Holy Spirit were all involved in the miracle of the resurrection. And yes this does mean Jesus Christ (God in the flesh) was actively involved in his own resurrection, as he was and if the Supreme Being.
5) Paul's total denial of the involvement of the preacher / baptizer in actual in salvation : "For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect."
1 Corinthians 1:17. Please notice.... this is an outright open denial that water baptism is part of the gospel by which we are saved. In Mark 16 notice Jesus emphasises belief, not physical water baptism.
6) Diversity . The exact process and progression of the Trinity influence in salvation might be different for every person, as we are all unique, and the circumstances of our salvation. I was for instance saved partly through God using a dream I had, without the intervention of any man. In a similar way Paul was saved through a miracle on the Damascus Road.
Two meanings of "Saved" .
1) In a state of salvation now.
2) Eventually proven saved before the Great White Throne Judgement.
The Antinomian Heresy. An often used tactic of the Orthodox and Catholics is to say "If you say salvation is in Christ alone, not in works, you are an Antinomian heretic." (who thinks you can unrepentantly sin, never repent, and you are still "saved) . It is quite clear almost all Protestant / Evangelical / Anabaptist believes openly repudiate this heresy, nevertheless to beguile (frankly) presently theologically unaware people this lie is told, as they are often impressed that a doctrinal term they never knew about has been presented to them.