the refutation of the false church of Eastern Orthodoxy.
the refutation of the false church of Eastern Orthodoxy.
the refutation of the false church of Eastern Orthodoxy.
VOCABULARY 1: a - h
a gold mine of information about Eastern Orthodoxy.
A LIST OF ORTHODOX HERESIES
THE TOP 100 HERESIES & ERRORS
OF THE EASTERN ORTHODOX RELIGION:
It will be important to remember that there is a difference between Byzantine Eastern Orthodox Christians which this site deals with, and Eastern Catholics, who have certain divergent beliefs from Roman Catholics but accept the Pope's Authority in present day times. This is mentioned as the Eastern Orthodox Churches, such as those in Greece and Russia, believe they are rooted to what they call the Apostolic Catholic Church pre-schism of 1054, and this can cause confusion in the mind of some people in that a member of the EOC might say they are "Catholic" but mean it in a pre-schism sense, not in the modern sense of being under the Pope's authority.
1) Triple salvation false Gospel:
The true gospel that saves (1 Cor 15:1-4 & Luke 24:44-48) makes no mention of our works (Eph 2:8-9 & Rom 11:6) or sacerdotalism, that is priestcraft adding to salvation, such as baptism (1 Cor 1:17) or the mass (Rev 17:4). The Creed is heretical by omission in that it has no salvation gospel. The Eastern Orthodox religion, along with Catholicism, reduce Jesus to a Semi Saviour, and exalt themselves (works) and their priests and bishops (sacerdotalism) to co-Saviours. In other words they deny John 3:16 is true.
The lies the Eastern Orthodox tell about evangelicals and Protestants is that "they think that having believed they can do anything they want to, never repent, and they are still so called saved." Rather that is called in our theological jargon the Antinomian heresy, and though there are Protestant heretics that believe it (just as the Orthodox heretic Rasputin believed it) easy believerism it is not generally accepted. Rather it is the central issue of what is called "the root versus the fruit" debate. Evangelicals and Protestants in actual fact say "Every tree is KNOWN by his fruit, not SAVED by his fruit" and thus they do not deny that real Christians will bring forth spiritual fruit. Whereas Orthodoxy makes salvation an ongoing "process" that includes works and priestcraft, but, quote "by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified" Romans 3:20.
2) Blasphemy of the Mass:
The mass is described in the Book of Revelation 17:4 the Whore of Babylon "having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication". Filthiness as they say they physically eat Jesus (cannibalism) and digest him in their intestines, thus he "sees corruption" in their teachings (Acts 2:27), and calling a piece of bread God in the flesh is an act of idolatry or spiritual fornication (the Orthodox prostrate themselves before the mass bread, the catholics bow). this heresy includes infant communion.
note: as the Mother of Harlots is not marriage to God, the word fornication in Rev 17:4 can only be interpreted as fornication, whereas the two kingdoms of Israel and Judah in the OT were married to God and idolatry was called adultery then. The Mother of Harlots therefore has daughters, which are the various Orthodox churches, who themselves describe their own similarity to Romanism.
also linked directly to confession to a "priest".
They believe they "have no life in them" without the eucharist, that is administered by a priest, thus is sacerdotalist priestcraft salvation (co Saviour).
Sacrifice. (Gr. Thysia; Sl. Zhertva). The bloodless offering to God, which is the Holy Eucharist offered at the Liturgy. It signifies the sacrifice of Christ on the cross for man's salvation. Also, refer to the article on the Dogmatic Tradition of the Orthodox Church.
3) Triple Baptism:
Nowhere in scripture are we told to baptize a person 3 times consecutively, let alone a baby. Their baptism services are heretical multiple times over, including
1) Triple immersion.
2) Of babies (belief is required)
3) a plethora or rites
4) With adults it only proceeds after a catechumen period of one or two whole years, when the Ethiopian Eunuch on hearing the gospel said immediately in Acts 8:36-38 "And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?"
4) the obnoxious practice of exorcisms that go along with baptism services.
5) That baptism is put forward as a sacerdotal rite that is part of an ongoing "process of salvation" (their expression not mine) when God specifically tells us it is not part of the gospel (1 Cor 1:17).
- by divorce and remarriage. By saying that two Christians can divorce and remarry for post marital adultery, either party (the guilty or innocent), the Eastern Orthodox religion, unlike Roman Catholicism, preaches adultery. It is in fact impossible that the Greek word "porneia" in context in Matthew 5:32, can include post marital adultery. This is because, in the presence of all the paperwork for a divorce and a remarriage, Jesus declares a man to be continually committing adultery if he divorces his wife for no cause or some insignificant cause (as does Romans 7) and therefore this proves adultery does not break the marriage bond, God sees the marriage still intact. This heresy of interpreting the word porneia in Matt 5:32 and Matt 19:9 as including adultery on their part renders Orthodoxy a sex cult.
A second heresy is to think that their clergy can allow marriages that are adultery (as stated above) on the grounds of compassion. If it is adultery then declaring it forgiven when it carries on is a form of the Antinomian heresy, and indeed knowing of this error in Orthodoxy may be what influenced Rasputin to preach the even more caustic form of this heresy repudiated in Romans 3:8
Unlike almost every other church the Eastern Orthodox religion does not have any marriage vows. Why? Because by saying the vows:
"as long as we both shall live.
In the presence of God I make this vow.’"
They would later prove Orthodoxy utter diabolical heresy on the grounds of adultery.
The Catholics also have heresy by their annulments.
note: a marriage vow is not the same as a legal oath in court, banned by Jesus in Matthew 5.
5) Mass murder, war and violence.
this also includes witch murders, superstitious murders, imprisonments etc.
Though not as bad as quote "The Holy Mother Church" of Rome, the murders committed by the Orthodox Faith are still extremely bad, and this website gives a long list of such murders.
The "Scarlet and Purple heresy" (Rev 17:4) introduced formally by Constantine, that is the melding of secular (purple) and religious (scarlet) power is also an heresy of Orthodoxy.
The modern contraceptive pill, allowed by many in Orthodoxy, which is based on progesterone, a chemical that destroys the ovum after fertilization, is believed by many to be murder.
Capital punishment was banned in new covenant law by Jesus - John 8:7.
6) A fake bible:
The Orthodox bible is fake.
Their bible is false because:
1) The racist error of translating the old testament from Greek. an entirely stupid thing to do, rendering it a translation of a translation (in the most optimistic view).
2) Their canon is false - they exalt Greek LXX etc to such an extent (racism) that they included heretical old testament Books into their false canon, never accepted by the Jews, like the absurd story "Bel and the Dragon".
3) Let us make it clear it was only long after the Reformation that the Orthodox even compiled an official bible, or distributed it to the people. Even now in their shops they sell more idols than they do bibles.
7) Denial of Sola scriptura:
This subject is muddied by there being so many definitions of sola scriptura. Certainly it is heresy to put Orthodox traditions practiced by their false church on a par with holy writ. but....
"And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" 1 Tim 3:15-16.
Here we see the absolute statements:
1) That salvation is in faith in Christ alone.
2) That the scriptures alone, on their own, are enough to make a person wise unto that salvation.
3) And that the scriptures, unlike Orthodox traditions, are inspired word for word, and in Matthew 4:4 Jesus promises those scriptures will be preserved word for word.
One need only look at dum traditions such as the holy fire miracle, the cremation myths of Orthodoxy, and myrrh dripping icons, etc, etc to see the absurdity of their credulity.
8) Ruled over by Pharisees - Nicolaitane heresy (no laity) uniforms, beards,
9) Idols (see shrines below): statues and images were not banned under the old Mosaic covenant, Good examples are the cherubim over the ark of the covenant, statues of four oxen in the temple, pomegranates carved into the walls, the serpent Moses lifted in the wilderness. However what was banned was any image, statue, or likeness, of God or a false god, whether it was like a man, a fish, a creeping thing, an animal, or a flying bird, Orthodoxy is therefore full of idols.
However when shrines are made and people kneel in front of collections of so called "icons" not of gods or god but of men, pray to saints (an act of worship - see the Lord's Prayer) and burn incense to them, they become idols. see 2 Kings 18:4.
The ten commandments forbid you to make them in the first place, as well telling you not to worship them. This forbidding of idols is continued in the new testament (1 John 5:21, & Rev 9:20 etc).
Orthodox Sunday. The first Sunday of Lent, commemorating the restoration of icons in the church (see Iconoclasm).
10) Denial of eternal Hell:
The Eastern Orthodox Church officially and explicitly denies the everlasting Lake of Fire (commonly called Hell) in physical bodies, tormented by physical fire, sulphur, and smoke "where their worm never dies", and preach instead a watered down version of God's eternal retribution, that is so attenuated and diluted it encourages men to do evil, as the judgement described is so enfeebled. It consists of being tormented by a reaction to God revealing his love to you.
the vain and pompous doctrine of human deification, first professed by Lucifer in Isaiah 14:14 "I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High." with which he, the serpent, deceived Eve "your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil." Genesis 3:5, and for which King Herod was eaten by worms "And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man. And immediately an angel of the Lord struck him because he did not give God the glory, and he was eaten by worms and died." Acts 12:22-23. It is comparable to the blasphemous Mormon doctrine. When I visited Greece I found the priests there to be quite incredibly vain, and only after discovering the doctrine of Theosis did I properly understand why.
see also Hesychasm.
12) Forgery of History:
13) Bogus saints:
14) Canonization: all Christians are saints, Romans 1.
16) Churches and ritualism - Churchianity
17) Fake miracles - holy fire, myrrh dripping icons
18) Liturgical worship, and calendarization of lifestyle
19) Prayer heresies - 1) Praying for the dead. 2) The dead can pray for you! 3) Vain repetitions in prayer. 5) Cycle of Prayer 6) Jesus Prayer 6) Mary as Mediator 7) Praying to the dead 8) Prayer Books. 9) Hesychasm, 10) The Orthodox for of the rosary.
Confession. (Gr. Exomologisis). The act of confessing or acknowledgment of sins by an individual before God in the presence of a priest, who serves as a spiritual guide and confessor (pneumatikos) authorized to ask for forgiveness and to administer a penance.
21) Relics, artefacts, including "death cult" worship
22) Their definition of the church:
The church is all the born again believers. Contrary to the lies of Catholicism and Orthodoxy, Evangelicals and Protestants in general believe there is ONE church, that is all those who are born again, denominations emphasizing doctrinal choices made after becoming born again.
23) Cremation destroys the soul:
The old Orthodox tradition that cremating a person means they are not resurrected is absurd for multiple reasons. After many centuries of tricking uneducated peasants with such dogmas as this (and the equally absurd Holy Fire non-miracle) they should now be made to pay the price of their deception by exposing this heresy. According to them Hitler has escaped the day of judgement in this manner, and multi millions of people across the globe are supposed to believe their loved ones are annihilated out of eternity. It has been a money spinning dogma for many years, by bleeding the Greek people dry by threats of exhuming bodies if yearly payments on graves are not paid,
24) Jot and Tittle heresy -
The Orthodox religion treats the bible as if it was a box of chocolates were there can pick and chose things from different covenants, and meld them together into a man made potpourri religion. The fact is the entire Mosaic Law was nailed to the cross and "done away" (2 Cor 3) or (Col 2:14-17) "nailed to his cross" or "made old" (Heb 8:13) being replaced by new testament law based on the two commandments, not the old ten commandments as its centrepiece (Gal 6:2 & Matt 7:24).
From this heretical view of lifting old law into the new covenant, in effect trying to put old wine into new bottles, we see all manner of old laws and concepts poisoning their faith, from huge things like fancifully imagining an old style priesthood now, down to trivia like insisting the clergy have beards Lev 19:27 & Lev 21:5) and long hair (Numbers 6:5 etc).
25) Filioque issues:
the word inserted in the Western (Pope's) version of the Nicene Creed to assert the doctrine of the procession of the Holy Ghost from the Son as well as from the Father, which is not admitted by the Eastern Church. It was one of the central issues in the Great Schism of 1054.
ORIGIN Latin, literally ‘and from the Son’.
I would say it is obvious that "the filioque" issue is entirely unnecessary to profess an exact doctrine upon for salvation, or baptism, and it amounts to yet another diversion tactic away from studying more important issues, and a factor in a process of indoctrination in regards to it and allowing baptism via so called "Catechumen" or the Catholic version "confirmation".
26) Ethnophyletism issues:
27) Bogus hierarchy / pyramid system: - from First among equals (including nuns, monks and monasteries) Laity issue. priests who dont exist. & Holy Orders.
Essentially Eastern Orthodoxy, and Catholicism, are unbiblical pyramid systems where the so called "laity" are in effect the lowest of the low, almost like a lower caste, with the Pope or the Primus inter pares at the top, and Catholic and Orthodox laity at the bottom like a doormat.
28) "Primus inter pares":
Is what amounts to the title of the comparatively impotent and inert Orthodox Pope. The concept of the "first among equals" is that of giving this title to a person whose office was founded historically first, in Eastern Orthodoxy the Patriarch of Constantinople, The idea of having Patriarchal bishops over huge jurisdictions, and a lower form of bishops, is not found in new covenant law. He is in reality "the first among heretics" taking on for himself a more terrible day of judgement in respect of his boasting, just as the Pope has.
The title of Primus inter pares was also taken by Constantine, a murderer the Orthodox have chosen to follow instead of the example of Christ. The Orthodox Pope also preaches murder.
29) Fasting by rote:
Jesus said to keep your fasting secret, not have special clockwork calendar days specified for fasting. This breaks the general new testament directive "Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward." (Matt 6:16). It also puts burdens on mens back grievous to be born who, unlike the parasite priests and bishops of the Orthodox religion, often have to do a hard days work and need energy.
example: Lent. (Gr. Sarakosti). The fifty day fast preceding Easter for the spiritual preparation of the faithful to observe the feast of the Resurrection.
30) Celibacy of clergy:
Celibacy. The unmarried state of life. Unlike the Roman Church, Orthodoxy permits a clergyman to be married; however, his marriage must occur before his ordination to be a deacon or presbyter. Orthodox bishops are only chosen from the celibate clergy, but widowers, who have accepted monastic vows, may also be chosen.
31) Apostolic Succession: OED defines this as
(in Christian thought) the uninterrupted transmission of spiritual authority from the Apostles through successive popes and bishops, taught by the Roman Catholic Church but denied by most Protestants.
The Orthodox, but also the popes say this too. A line of unbroken succession all the way back to the Apostles. Think of all those murdering, sinful, cruel, warped, twisted, evil, crusading, holy inquisition popes. What kind of hand-me-down farce do they call that? continued.....
32) Orthodox false prophets (as well as teachers)
33) Mary As Mediator - and the attributes of God
34) False Apostles - equal to Apostles (eg Constantine)
35) Ecumenicalism (division over this)
36) Denial of Works of the flesh, that came about by the specific Catholic vocabulary (instead of biblical vocabulary) of "venial" and "mortal" sin.
37) No music. they choose old testament laws, like beards and incense, like a religious potpourri, and yet they throw out music, that the new and old testament both encourage.
This is often linked to the chanting of many heretical teachings, chiefly that of the "holy eucharist" or their version of the blasphemy of the mass.
39) Their version of the Talmud = Catechism, prayer books,
calendars etc (all diversions away from the bible). including - The Canon Liturgical / 73) Canons (or Canon Law). / the 7 Ecumenical. Council, / Euchologion. / Horologion. / Rudder. (Gr. Pedalion). The book containing the rules and regulations /
40) Consecrated Ground: (see digging up the dead) - and financial extortion. There is entirely nothing stopping a Christian being buried in a secular graveyard. It is nonsense that you must be buried in ground sanctified by incense swinging, holy water splashing. etc by bogus priest, (or whatever other ceremonies they might fancifully invent to declare ground "consecrated"). It is a logical deduction they believe other denominations bury their dead in "unholy ground" in an "unholy manner".
41) NEPSIS linked with CATHARSIS: when linked with Monastic practices is an oxymoronic concept.
42) Holy Unction:
This is not a sacrament in Eastern Orthodoxy as it is in Catholicism. It seems the Orthodox chose to emphasise the use of chrism on babies, and the Catholics oil anointing on he dying, as if the process somehow cleanses the soul.
However Orthodoxy links anointing the sick with chrism/oil linked with confession to their priests and the blasphemy of the mass,
The Roman Catholics were so determined to falsify penances in the bible in their Douay Bible they mistranslated Matt 4:17 to say, quote "From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say: Do penance, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Though I have yet to find the Orthodox stooping to such false warping of scripture (as yet), Orthodoxy does hand out penances to people. One Orthodox priest told me (against their own vow to privacy) he told a woman who had an abortion to adopt a baby as a penance. Though this is an extreme example they do practice penances. It is just another example of the theme that the more "powers" you invent for their pseudo priests and bishops, the tighter their grip in lording it over the laity. (see 1 Samuel 15:22)
note: The First Crusade was also inspired by the idea of protecting people "On pilgrimage to the Holy Land" when pilgrimages (especially as penances) are also unbiblical. This practice of pilgrimages protected by violence therefore usurped over the commands of Jesus of a Love and Peace life style.
44) Born Again:
When a person repents and accepts the gospel (believes in Jesus) he not only receives the free gift of eternal life (unless you have believed in vain), but also one of the "new and better promises" (Heb 8:6 & Eze 36:26) is to be spiritually born again to become one of God's children, receiving a new nature that tends toward doing good, instead of evil, and crying Abba Father to God. Jesus showed this is a spiritual birth in John 3 by comparing it to the wind (invisible like the soul and spirit of man). In the true Christian religion this rebirth makes you part of the one church of God immediately, his bride, without some man deciding if you have to his vain satisfaction answered a list of confirmation or catechumen issues correctly.
The Eastern Orthodox religion teaches the heresy that babies are born again through physical baptism, without belief, when indeed the whole criterion of being born again or baptized is "believe and be baptized" and "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved". This is called by them "the laver of regeneration".
45) Digging up the dead:
46) Mary heresies:
47) Denial of Original sin:
48) Call men "Father": Jesus specifically said "call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." Matt 23:9. Scripture itself qualifies the exceptions, by its own use, your physical father on earth, the "fathers" as important historical figures in scripture itself, but never as a spiritual title for a living person, and certainly not for a gaggle of historical Orthodox heretics.
One addresses a Greek Orthodox Priest as “Father”.
50) Their definition of heresy is heresy!!!:
quote: (their definition)
Heresy. (Gr. "new and personal belief or idea"). The denial or rejection of a revealed dogma or belief accepted and professed by the Church. An individual who begins a heresy is a heretic and is excommunicated.
Real Heresy is caustic serious false doctrine, against the law and teachings of the new and better covenant (Gal 6:2 & Matt 7:24) that usually attacks one of two things:
1) Teachings fundamental to the Faith (Jude 1:3) such as the doctrine of the Holy Trinity, the resurrection of Jesus, the virgin birth, the definition of the good news (Gal 1:6-9) or specifically "the gospel by which we are saved" etc.
2) The justification of sins described as "the works of the flesh' (Gal 5:19-21 & Rev 21:8). etc. such as adultery, murder witchcraft, theft, kidnapping, etc
The Eastern Orthodox depart from the safety, sureness, and authority of God's holy word, and define heresy instead as that which contradicts their church and its plethora of writings of so called fathers, liturgies, creeds, canons, and councils, which for the most part amount to "Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." Mark 7:7, and such traditions and writings that they have are similar to the Jewish Talmud, massive tomes of bogus writings designed as a diversion of the soul away from the word of God.
51) The heretical Nicene Creed:
it is heretical because:
1) There is no definition of quote "the gospel by which we are saved" in it, and thus it is not fit for purpose,
2) It was initiated by, or at very least was involved with, the mass murderer Constantine.
3) Acceptance of the Creed is usurped upon all converts in the so called "catechumen period".
4) It forces Orthodox converts to make a commitment on the filioque issue (ironically the Orthodox and Catholics have opposite views upon it).
5) The seemingly innocuous phrase "one Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church" presupposes either Orthodoxy or Catholicism is the true reflection of the early church, and thus asserts their triple salvation false gospel by covert means.
6) It asserts the heresy of "hand-me-down" powers via their use of the theological idea of their definition of "Apostolic". (Catholics had a long line of mass murderer and debauched Popes all supposedly "handing-down" power by the laying on of hands.
(the issues of the Nicene Creed are very complex as attached to historical proof of the people involved in making it and general number of churches cults and sects in the Empire - I can only try to resolve this later on)
52: Mortification: the action of subduing one's bodily desires: fine.... but self torture and torment, like the cilice, is probably what led to the concept of torturing other people "for the good of their own soul". Sackcloth in the OT was used when mourning, not for mortification. Mortification can simply lead to "psychologically snapping" and being even more fleshly.
53) Cunning and crafty mystification of doctrine: (Eph 4:14)
The Catholics tend to answer more specifically and clearly than the Orthodox in certain areas. I believe this is because of the Greek influence of Eastern Orthodoxy, and the Italian influence of Catholicism. The spirits of Babylon have now transmigrated across the Earth from the country of Iraq to Italy, in the especially the City of Rome, and dwell in any country where Catholicism thrives. The Greeks have similar roots in the worship of gods and goddesses, but the Greeks are more famous for logic. The paradox of this is that the Orthodox, seeing the mass and other doctrines do not bear logical scrutiny, seek to mystify their dogmas a little more than Roman Catholicism does, especially their dogmas about the eucharist, and perhaps also more about the concept of ancestral sin versus sin nature etc.
54) swearing oaths:
Unlike the early Quakers (who were much more pious than modern Quakers who are more like a social club than a church) the Eastern Orthodox church makes the usual excuses for swearing oaths, and quote "The general rule in the Greek penal law requires witnesses to take an oath on the Gospels. Accordingly witnesses are a priori considered to be of the Orthodox Christian faith."
55) Incense ritualism:
incense is used ritualistically as if swinging it at artefacts in church, or people, in some way "cleanses" them.
56) Priesthood offering up physical sacrifices:
57) A heathen calendar as part of the Faith:
have false gods in them.
Christmas: the annual Christian festival celebrating Christ's birth, held on 25 December in the Catholic Church and Modern Eastern Orthodox, and 6th January by the Old Calendarists. The official sites like to miss it out their dictionaries as it is an immediate reminder the two dates for it refute that =Tradition is on a par with holy scripture.
58) Shrines (eastern style):
No one made shrines in their home in the old testament. Idols were forbidden. However in the eastern lands Eastern Orthodoxy moved into these type of shrines to false gods were common. The multiplicity of false gods to pray to was replaced by praying to saints, burning incense was kept, and the mother goddess religions took immediately to praying to a dominant female saint figure, Mary, empowered with some of the powers of God himself, the ability to hear, answer, and mediate for millions of prayers (humanly impossible).
making shrines is a step further than just having idols.
59) Crypto-converts: their enforced pseudo "conversion" by threats
60) Christendom: Contrary to the pacifist directive of Galatians 4, where we are said to be pilgrims (Book of Hebrews) toward the Jerusalem above, not defending the Physical borders of physical Jerusalem below, both the Catholics and Orthodox ignored this directive (asserted again in John 18:36) and created an Empire concept of Christendom, where physical Jerusalem was to always be captured by the military.
note: this concept of "Jerusalem must be captured it is the site of holy churches" shows the knock-on effect of believing in building huge elaborate churches - not found in the new covenant."
61) The "laity".
Essentially Eastern Orthodoxy, and Catholicism, are unbiblical pyramid systems where the so called "laity" are in effect the lowest of the low, almost like a lower caste, with the Pope or the Primus inter pares at the top, and Catholic and Orthodox laity at the bottom like a doormat.
62) The heresy of directly instructing the Orthodox "laity" to avoid trying to understand the symbolism of the Book of Revelation:
in case they realise
1) The Whore of Babylon is a City,
2) from context it simply must be Rome,
3) It cannot be only ancient Rome (the light of a candle shall not shine)
4) She has daughters (Mother of Harlots)
5) Orthodoxy themselves compare themselves with Romanism, thus they are logically her daughters.
63) The 7 Sins of Rome (Rev 18:1-24):
1) The fruits that thy soul lusted after - world wide trade in artefacts, and dainty and goodly things.
2) pretentious religious music, in the case of Orthodoxy (a daughter of Rome) this takes the form of chanting heresy etc.
3) craftsman - idols, church finery etc
4) millstone - the mass bread
5) candle burning rituals
6) bride and groom - marriage falsely termed a sacrament
7) thy sorceries - the witchcraft of her heresies and practices.
64) Exorcism of children and converts:
65) Angel heresies:
1) They are superior in nature and intelligence to man; note:
(born again human beings are superior, as are sons and daughters of God, angels are not, and there is no evidence they are of superior intelligence)
2) Angelic order (tagmata): Some of them are appointed to guard the faithful (guardian angels). Angels are grouped in nine orders (tagmata) as follows: Angels; Archangels; Principalities; Powers; Virtues; Dominations; Thrones; Cherubim; Seraphim.
3) In the Orthodox worship, every Monday is dedicated to the angels.
66) heretical definition of Bigamy. (Gr. Digamia). The act of contracting a new marriage while a previous one is still binding (in the view of their church NOT God), an act forbidden by the Orthodox Church.
(an heretical definition, remarriage is bigamy in the new testament - post marital adultery, or desertion etc are no cause for remarriage),
67) heretical definition of Blasphemy. Evil and reproachful language directed at God, the Virgin, the Saints, or sacred objects. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is a mortal and unforgivable sin because it presumes that God's saving action in this particular case is impossible (cf. Matt. 12: 31).
Blasphemy is essentially against God. It is different from sacrilege. I accept there are many forms of blasphemous attitude and speech, and the word has wider usage, however It is because Orthodoxy attributes powers to Mary that belong to God alone, and invent so many church artefacts outside of holy writ this becomes heretical.
68) Burial heresies.
1) one of the faithful in consecrated ground, (consecrated by heretics)
2) according to the Orthodox rites and service of burial (Nekrosimos). (bogus man made rites of no importance)
3) The Church may deny an Orthodox burial to those who have committed a mortal sin such as blasphemy, suicide, denial of faith, or acceptance of cremation. In other words refusing to bury a person if he became a real Christian (for instance). Pure heresy and manipulation.
69) Man made Rites: a total and complete avalanche of them! including Byzantine rites,
70) Heathen Calendars: as part of the Faith.
71) Candles: are considered sacrifices to Mary and saints.
72) The Canon Liturgical, which refers to all liturgical material, including the Creed, used for the Liturgy and the consecration of the Eucharist (see also kanon and Typikon).
73) Canons (or Canon Law). The law of the church, containing the various rules, ecclesiastical decrees, and definitions concerning the faith or the lifestyle of Orthodox Christians. The Canons generally provide for all administrative or disciplinary questions that might arise in the Church, and, consequently, are not infallible but can be changed or re-interpreted by an Ecumenical Council. See also the article on the Canon Law of the Orthodox Church.
(man made junk laws. So here they seem to say the contradiction Traditions are on a level with scripture then say canon on law is not inspired).
74) Cathedrals. (Gr. "the main chair"). The principal church of a bishop's jurisdiction, the chief church in every diocese.
(so bigger the church, the bigger the ego of the clergy. preposterous!)
(I hope later to put these beliefs in another order)
75) Chrismation. pure man made ritualism, yet connected to and essential in "rebirth" in baptism.
76) Communion of Saints. The Orthodox Church believes that all the people of God-members of the Church, either the living on earth or the departed in heaven-are in constant communion and fellowship with each other in faith, grace, and prayers, since they constitute one Body in Christ-the Church.
(this sounds like the cult called Spiritism! or the witch of Endore)
77) Consecration. (Gr. Heirotonia). The ordination of an individual to priesthood through the sacrament of Holy Orders.
78) Uniforms, regalia, crowns etc.
79) Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople. The "First Among Equals" of all the Orthodox autocephalous churches, it was founded by St. Andrew the Apostle. see also Hagia Sophia.
(since when? complete bunk.)
80) Epiklesis. (Gr. Epiklesis). Special prayer or petition by the Priest to "invoke" or to call upon the Holy Spirit, in order that God's Grace will descend for the consecration of the Holy Gifts at the Eucharist.
(to many Evangelicals and Protestants Epiklesis would be seen as one of the most blasphemous words on Earth.)
81) Equal to the Apostles. (Gr. Isapostolos). An honorary title given to saints such as St. Constantine and St. Cyril and St. Methodios for their missionary work in the Church.
82) God-parents marriage ban. Sponsors at Baptism and Chrismation - the baptized and the God=parents are forbidden to marry (see affinity) something not found in scripture.
83) Defining the true church as Heterodoxy. Different, alien, and presumably false belief or teaching. The Orthodox Church describes as such all other Christian denominations.
84) Ancestral sin: (notice they do not define this on the eoca site.) The concept differs from original sin firstly in that it emphasises 3 consequences of the Fall of Adam upon humanity not one:
1) Thereinafter was death
2) Thereinafter was increased suffering and toil
3) Thereinafter mankind's will was weakened.
It differs from Calvinist ideas by (quite rightly) saying that the doctrine that mankind became "totally depraved" in nature is too extreme, but they believe also the Arminian definition of man being "depraved" but not "totally" goes too far too, and that man is essentially good in nature, the closest idea in western theology being the term Semi-Pelagianism, in that where Arminians say man cannot make the first steps toward goodness without God, the Eastern Orthodox believe man, and fallen Adam, only had a weakened will after the Fall, and is essentially still good (most all agree Adam had a nature tending toward Good before the Fall)
This is made complex as the division with Catholic theology on it becomes embarrassing to both sides, considering there were supposed to be one church once. Subsequently there will always be a culture of denials about any division on it.
Semi-Pelagianism. perhaps the best western theological term that expresses the Eastern Orthodox Churches view on the nature of human free will, in combination with "ancestral sin", versus the human nature of free will in combination with "original sin" as expressed in the most common Evangelical and Protestant belief called Arminianism.
There are 3 views of mans corrupt state:
1) Calvinism = man is totally depraved (heresy)
2) Evangelical & Protestant Arminianism = man is depraved, but not totally, he can accept the gospel by free will, BUT he cannpt take the first steps toward God himself, and only under God's drawing power can he be saved. (true = moderate)
3) Eastern Orthodox = ancestral sin has a less corrupted concept of mans nature than Arminianism (based on original sin instead). Thus quote
denoting the doctrine that the first steps towards good can be taken by the human will, though supervening divine grace is needed for salvation. It was (questionably) attributed to John Cassian (d.435),
85) The Unwritten modern heresy - two gospels save.
On this website I want to present reality. The reality is Eastern Orthodox Christians and clergy are often pretentiously magnanimous, and say "We say Evangelicals and Protestants are saved too!" to avoid the fact that when their good news that saves is compared to our good news that saves, they are both different, and the one that keeps looking bogus in debates is theirs. All this does is to add yet another heresy to their growing list of heresies: namely - "There are two gospels that save!". Well not according to Galatians 1:6-9 which says anyone preaching any other gospel is anathema, that is accursed!
So let me contrarywise make a plain statement: The Eastern Orthodox and Roman Catholic gospel of pseudo salvation is anathema, accursed, bogus, and a ticket to Hell. Jesus saves, and nothing else! I preach only one gospel that saves, not two.
86) The heresy of Masquerading as Evangelicals. Eastern Orthodox clerics and believers sometimes realise they are losing debates in front of Orthodox believers willing to convert, and masquerade as if they believe Evangelical theology on salvation, or something at least a bit nearer, when their actual church does not, and calls the true gospel "heterodoxy". I would like to point out BEING LIARS is an heresy.
87) Liturgical Languages. The main liturgical languages in the Orthodox Church are Greek, the various descendants of old Church Slavonic, and Arabic.
It is worth researching if the Orthodox have like the Catholics limited languages a liturgy can be read out in.
88) Leavened Bread & alcoholic wine in the eucharist. (Gr. artos). Bread made with yeast (enzyma) and used for altar bread for the Orthodox Eucharist (as opposed to the unleavened bread used by the Latin Church). Leavened bread is also acceptable for the purpose in the more liberal Protestant churches.
did Jesus keep the old testament law in full if he went against the old covenant law and used leavened bread and alcoholic wine in the Last Supper? Interesting point of discussion. Also this gives babies and children their first taste of alcohol.
Sinner saints or
The Eastern Orthodox Calendar of Saints....Martyrology. A catalogue of martyrs and other saints arranged according to the calendar. (many of them sinner saints)
see also - Meneon. A liturgical book containing the lives of the saints and the special hymns (stichera) for the feast-days of the Orthodox Saints. It is divided into twelve volumes, one for each month.
Saints equal to the Apostles.
Name-day. - certain sinner Patron Saints, instead of a birthday party.
90) the Repose of souls of the dead?
Memorial. (Gr. Mnymosyno). A special service held in the Orthodox Church for the repose of the souls of the dead. Memorial services are held on the third, ninth, and fortieth day; after six months; and one or three years after death. Boiled wheat is used as a symbol of the resurrection of everyone at the Second Coming of Christ.
91) Mitre. (Gr. Mitra). The official headdress or "crown" of a bishop. In Slavic churches, some archimandrites are allowed to wear the mitre as a recognition of their service to the church (mitrateor mitrophoros). The mitre derives from the crown of the Byzantine emperor.
note: incredibly revealing! They confirm themselves the "scarlet and purple heresy" by saying these crowns derives from Byzantine Emperors!!!
92) The Mother Church. The Church of Jerusalem, as being the first Christian Church. Commonly, the Orthodox consider as Mother Church the Ecumenical Patriarchate as being the senior Church of the Orthodox World.
note: another contradiction. they seem to mean "It is sure the first church was in Jerusalem in Israel, but our tradition says Constantinople. Its almost like a one off proof their whole idea of human tradition is based on bunk human decision making.)
The Bible says their Mother is the Whore of Babylon!
93) Mysticism. The search through various prayers and practices to achieve unity with God in life (theosis) (see hesychasm).
94) Orthodox. (Gr. "correct or true belief"). The common and official name used by the Greek Christians and Eastern Christian Church. The Orthodox Church maintains Her belief that She alone has kept the true Christian faith, complete and unaltered (dumb - infallible heresy).
95) Ousia: the complex subject of the expression of the essence of Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and how to explicitly state this. The heresy is not suggested in their doctrine on it, but that a convert in order to be baptized might be constrained to form a doctrine on it in order to be baptized. In real baptism, such as that of the Ethiopian eunuch in Acts 8, do you really think the underlying theology of the word homoousios had to first be expressed by him? Or he must confess a belief about the underpinning theology of Monophysitism, Dyophysitism, or Miaphysitism???
96) Heretical definition of sacraments: the American Eastern Orthodox Christian site states, quote:
Sacrament. (Gr. Mysterion; Sl. Tainstvo). The outward and visible part of religion, consisting of various ceremonies, words, and symbolisms, producing an invisible action by the Holy Spirit that confers grace on an individual. All Sacraments were instituted by Christ for the salvation of the believer.
notice they outright say these priestcraft administered sacraments SAVE THE BELIEVER.
97) Three hierarchs. The Orthodox Church considers in particular three bishops (hierarchs) of the Church as Her most important Teachers and Fathers, who contributed to the development and the spiritual growth of the Church. They are
1) St. Basil the Great, liturgies and mass attributed to him
2) St. Gregory the Theologian, a theology dunce if he agreed with Orthodoxy
3) St. John Chrysostom. - The Divine Liturgy of Saint John Chrysostom said to be a "mass" in the Byzantine Rite.
98) Chrismation Renunciation of Errors: The confirmation service of a new adult convert to Eastern Orthodox has "the renunciation" ceremony in it. where the new proselyte must renounce in public the Reformation and the Protestant / Evangelical gospel as false. A diabolical heresy from Hell itself.
99) Chrismation: They actually say this is a sacrament, and that the Holy Spirit is imparted through it. If so, if they and Roman Catholicism were supposedly one church at one point in history, when was it dropped by the Catholics. Worse as other churches don't do it, how could anyone else be saved?
100) Deceiving their own family into Hell.
101: Indoctrination of children and toddlers:
Catechism. A summary of doctrine and instruction, teaching the Orthodox faith in the form of questions and answers. The catechetical or Sunday school of each parish is responsible for such "instruction" of children or other faithful.
note: their sinister indoctrination process.
102) The Authority to teach:
Evangelicals unashamedly profess and believe in having a relationship with God, were the Holy Spirit is our teacher. We have people in church with the ministry of teaching, and others teach like Pastors, however we also believe our relationship with God comes first, and if we choose to believe the Holy Spirit tells us something, we will believe that rather than a teacher we believe is in error. This is opposite to the teaching of Orthodoxy with their hand-me-down long list of false doctrines, by a pseudo church full of man-made rituals, rites, religious trappings and devotion by rote. They believe church authority to teach is given by the laying-on of hands from one religious spiritual dwarf to another.
for an old list I compiled
see my main website: