Expounded Heresies 1 - 25
THE TOP 100 HERESIES & ERRORS
OF THE EASTERN ORTHODOX RELIGION:
undergoing extensive reconstruction & reorganisation
1) Triple salvation false Gospel:
called tri-synergism, reduces Jesus to a semi Saviour and denies the truth of John 3:16.
1) Triple salvation false Gospel:
The true gospel that saves (1 Cor 15:1-4 & Luke 24:44-48) makes no mention of our works (Eph 2:8-9 & Rom 11:6) or sacerdotalism, that is priestcraft adding to salvation, such as baptism (1 Cor 1:17) or the mass (Rev 17:4). The Creed is heretical by omission in that it has no salvation gospel. The Eastern Orthodox religion, along with Catholicism, reduce Jesus to a Semi Saviour, and exalt themselves (works) and their priests and bishops (sacerdotalism) to co-Saviours. In other words they deny John 3:16 is true.
The lies the Eastern Orthodox tell about evangelicals and Protestants is that "they think that having believed they can do anything they want to, never repent, and they are still so called saved." Rather that is called in our theological jargon the Antinomian heresy, and though there are Protestant heretics that believe it (just as the Orthodox heretic Rasputin believed it) easy believerism it is not generally accepted. Rather it is the central issue of what is called "the root versus the fruit" debate. Evangelicals and Protestants in actual fact say "Every tree is KNOWN by his fruit, not SAVED by his fruit" and thus they do not deny that real Christians will bring forth spiritual fruit. Whereas Orthodoxy makes salvation an ongoing "process" that includes works and priestcraft, but, quote "by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified" Romans 3:20.
2) Blasphemy of the Orthodox Mass
called "the divine liturgy":
This is described in the Book of Revelation 17:4.
It differs from a Catholic mass in two major ways:
1) Epiklesis. differs from the supposed concept of power given of itself from God to the Catholic priest. In the Anaphora (Eucharistic Prayer) by which the priest invokes the Holy Spirit.
2) Metousiosis: this differs from transubstantiation, as the later definition is:
"the conversion of the substance of the Eucharistic elements into the body and blood of Christ at consecration, only the appearances of bread and wine still remaining." The Eastern Orthodox refuse to say how the change occurs, just that it does occur, thus they refuse to confirm (or deny) the word "substance", and use instead the word "essence" being changed.
note: try to understand that if they allow their views on this to be too divergent, and the Orthodox try to deny they eat human flesh at all, it blows to smithereens the idea they were once "one holy catholic and apostolic church" together as in the Nicene Creed.
note: both being his physical actual body both break the prophecy in both the old and new covenants "thou shalt not suffer thy holy one to see corruption." Psalm 16:10. Acts 2:27. Acts 13:35.
Blasphemy of the Mass:
The mass is described in the Book of Revelation 17:4 the Whore of Babylon "having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication". Filthiness as they say they physically eat Jesus (cannibalism) and digest him in their intestines, thus he "sees corruption" in their teachings (Acts 2:27), and calling a piece of bread God in the flesh is an act of idolatry or spiritual fornication (the Orthodox prostrate themselves before the mass bread, the catholics bow). this heresy includes infant communion.
note: as the Mother of Harlots is not marriage to God, the word fornication in Rev 17:4 can only be interpreted as fornication, whereas the two kingdoms of Israel and Judah in the OT were married to God and idolatry was called adultery then. The Mother of Harlots therefore has daughters, which are the various Orthodox churches, who themselves describe their own similarity to Romanism.
also linked directly to confession to a "priest".
They believe they "have no life in them" without the eucharist, that is administered by a priest, thus is sacerdotalist priestcraft salvation (co Saviour).
Sacrifice. (Gr. Thysia; Sl. Zhertva). The bloodless offering to God, which is the Holy Eucharist offered at the Liturgy. It signifies the sacrifice of Christ on the cross for man's salvation. Also, refer to the article on the Dogmatic Tradition of the Orthodox Church.
3) Triple Infant Baptism:
Nowhere in scripture are we told to baptize a person 3 times consecutively, let alone a baby. Their baptism services are heretical multiple times over, including
1) Triple immersion.
2) Of babies (belief is required)
3) a plethora or rites
4) With adults it only proceeds after a catechumen period of one or two whole years, when the Ethiopian Eunuch on hearing the gospel said immediately in Acts 8:36-38 "And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?"
4) the obnoxious practice of exorcisms that go along with baptism services.
5) That baptism is put forward as a sacerdotal rite that is part of an ongoing "process of salvation" (their expression not mine) when God specifically tells us it is not part of the gospel (1 Cor 1:17).
4) Marriage and Divorce and Sexual heresies and controversies:
1) Adultery: by divorce and remarriage.
a) Adulterous remarriage: By the heretical misinterpretation of porneia in Matt 5:32 to include post marital adultery.
b) Sexual Antinomianism: By saying a second marriage is adultery, but the priest prounonce them forgiven while actually still carrying on in an unbiblical wedlock.
2) Invested Authority to marry a couple: I have heard old calendarist Orthodox no only say New Calendar Orthodox are not saved, but that their children are all born bastards, because only a "true" Orthodoxy old calendar clergyman has the invested power to join others in wedlock.
also... due to its history, the Greek island of Syros has a mixed population of Catholics and Orthodox, and two weddings take place for the same couple on their wedding(s) day, in both churches
3) heretical definition of Bigamy.
That springs from their heretical interpretation of "porneia" in Matt 5:32. This also undermines the fact it was Jesus himself who first banned polygamy.
4) Celibacy of the clergy: but not identical to Roman Catholicism,
5) Ban on marrying "God parents" - when the concept of God-parents is not found in scripture in the first place in order to ban it on grounds of affinity.
- by divorce and remarriage. By saying that two Christians can divorce and remarry for post marital adultery, either party (the guilty or innocent), the Eastern Orthodox religion, unlike Roman Catholicism, preaches adultery. It is in fact impossible that the Greek word "porneia" in context in Matthew 5:32, can include post marital adultery. This is because, in the presence of all the paperwork for a divorce and a remarriage, Jesus declares a man to be continually committing adultery if he divorces his wife for no cause or some insignificant cause (as does Romans 7) and therefore this proves adultery does not break the marriage bond, God sees the marriage still intact. This heresy of interpreting the word porneia in Matt 5:32 and Matt 19:9 as including adultery on their part renders Orthodoxy a sex cult.
A second heresy is to think that their clergy can allow marriages that are adultery (as stated above) on the grounds of compassion. If it is adultery then declaring it forgiven when it carries on is a form of the Antinomian heresy, and indeed knowing of this error in Orthodoxy may be what influenced Rasputin to preach the even more caustic form of this heresy repudiated in Romans 3:8
Unlike almost every other church the Eastern Orthodox religion does not have any marriage vows. Why? Because by saying the vows:
"as long as we both shall live.
In the presence of God I make this vow.’"
They would later prove Orthodoxy utter diabolical heresy on the grounds of adultery.
The Catholics also have heresy by their annulments.
note: a marriage vow is not the same as a legal oath in court, banned by Jesus in Matthew 5.
5) Mass murder, war and violence.
this also includes witch murders, superstitious murders, imprisonments
this also includes witch murders, superstitious murders, imprisonments etc.
Though not as bad as quote "The Holy Mother Church" of Rome, the murders committed by the Orthodox Faith are still extremely bad, and this website gives a long list of such murders.
The "Scarlet and Purple heresy" (Rev 17:4) introduced formally by Constantine, that is the melding of secular (purple) and religious (scarlet) power is also an heresy of Orthodoxy.
The modern contraceptive pill, allowed by many in Orthodoxy, which is based on progesterone, a chemical that destroys the ovum after fertilization, is believed by many to be murder.
Capital punishment was banned in new covenant law by Jesus - John 8:7.
6) A Fake Bible:
A bogus old testament canon adding books like Bel and the Dragon, never accepted by the Jews. They add-in even more of these phoney books than the Catholics do. Old testament was also translated from Greek instead of Hebrew.
The Orthodox bible is fake.
Their bible is false because:
1) The racist error of translating the old testament from Greek. an entirely stupid thing to do, rendering it a translation of a translation (in the most optimistic view).
2) Their canon is false - they exalt Greek LXX etc to such an extent (racism) that they included heretical old testament Books into their false canon, never accepted by the Jews, like the absurd story "Bel and the Dragon".
3) Let us make it clear it was only long after the Reformation that the Orthodox even compiled an official bible, or distributed it to the people. Even now in their shops they sell more idols than they do bibles.
7) Denial of Sola Scriptura:
see 1 Timothy 3: 15
This subject is muddied by there being so many definitions of sola scriptura. Certainly it is heresy to put Orthodox traditions practiced by their false church on a par with holy writ. but....
"And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" 1 Tim 3:15-16.
Here we see the absolute statements:
1) That salvation is in faith in Christ alone.
2) That the scriptures alone, on their own, are enough to make a person wise unto that salvation.
3) And that the scriptures, unlike Orthodox traditions, are inspired word for word, and in Matthew 4:4 Jesus promises those scriptures will be preserved word for word.
One need only look at dumb traditions such as the holy fire miracle, the cremation myths of Orthodoxy, and myrrh dripping icons, etc, etc to see the absurdity of their credulity.
8) Ruled over by Pharisees.
"Be not like the Pharisees" is a command of Jesus. Their clergy are practically clones of the Pharisees, even down to the scraggly unkempt beards.
Nicolaitane heresy (no laity) uniforms, beards,
9) Idols (see shrines below):
No, Jesus was not a walking talking icon, Jesus was Jesus, and icons of God or gods are idols.
(see shrines below): statues and images were not banned under the old Mosaic covenant, Good examples are the cherubim over the ark of the covenant, statues of four oxen in the temple, pomegranates carved into the walls, the serpent Moses lifted in the wilderness. However what was banned was any image, statue, or likeness, of God or a false god, whether it was like a man, a fish, a creeping thing, an animal, or a flying bird, Orthodoxy is therefore full of idols.
However when shrines are made and people kneel in front of collections of so called "icons" not of gods or god but of men, pray to saints (an act of worship - see the Lord's Prayer) and burn incense to them, they become idols. see 2 Kings 18:4.
The ten commandments forbid you to make them in the first place, as well telling you not to worship them. This forbidding of idols is continued in the new testament (1 John 5:21, & Rev 9:20 etc).
Orthodox Sunday. The first Sunday of Lent, commemorating the restoration of icons in the church (see Iconoclasm).
10) Denial of eternal Hell:
The Eastern Orthodox Church officially and explicitly denies the everlasting physical Lake of Fire in a physical body.
The Eastern Orthodox Church officially and explicitly denies the everlasting Lake of Fire (commonly called Hell) in physical bodies, tormented by physical fire, sulphur, and smoke "where their worm never dies", and preach instead a watered down version of God's eternal retribution, that is so attenuated and diluted it encourages men to do evil, as the judgement described is so enfeebled. It consists of being tormented by a reaction to God revealing his love to you.
the vain and pompous doctrine of human deification, first professed by Lucifer in Isaiah 14:14 "I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High."
the vain and pompous doctrine of human deification, first professed by Lucifer in Isaiah 14:14 "I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High." with which he, the serpent, deceived Eve "your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil." Genesis 3:5, and for which King Herod was eaten by worms "And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man. And immediately an angel of the Lord struck him because he did not give God the glory, and he was eaten by worms and died." Acts 12:22-23. It is comparable to the blasphemous Mormon doctrine. When I visited Greece I found the priests there to be quite incredibly vain, and only after discovering the doctrine of Theosis did I properly understand why.
see also Hesychasm.
12) Forgery of History:
13) Bogus saints:
all Christians are saints, Romans 1.
16) The spirit of Churchianity: that is man-made customs, rites, traditions, ceremonies, uniforms, religious trappings, architecture and such like, with which the Whore of Babylon (Rome) and her daughters (the various Orthodox churches) have deceived all nations with the spirit of an idol ridden and anti gospel false religion. "for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived." Rev 18:23
17) Fake miracles.
holy fire, myrrh dripping icons
18) Liturgical worship,
and calendarization of lifestyle
19) Prayer heresies -
1) Praying for the dead.
2) The dead can pray for you!
3) Praying to the dead.
4) Vain repetitions in prayer.
5) Cycle of Prayer.
6) Jesus Prayer.
7) Mary as Mediator.
8) Prayer Books.
10) The prayer rope - the Orthodox answer to the rosary.
confessing your sins to an heretic who can forgive no one, nor mediate God's forgiveness.. Preposterous,
Confession. (Gr. Exomologisis). The act of confessing or acknowledgment of sins by an individual before God in the presence of a priest, who serves as a spiritual guide and confessor (pneumatikos) authorized to ask for forgiveness and to administer a penance.
21) Relics, preposterous artefacts,
including "death cult" worship
22) Their definition of the church:
They are the only true church identical to the first (yet nothing like it). One long list of anachronisms, uniforms, miters, liturgies etc.
he church is all the born again believers. Contrary to the lies of Catholicism and Orthodoxy, Evangelicals and Protestants in general believe there is ONE church, that is all those who are born again, denominations emphasizing doctrinal choices made after becoming born again.
23) Cremation destroys the soul:
The old Orthodox tradition that cremating a person means they are not resurrected is absurd.
The old Orthodox tradition that cremating a person means they are not resurrected is absurd for multiple reasons. After many centuries of tricking uneducated peasants with such dogmas as this (and the equally absurd Holy Fire non-miracle) they should now be made to pay the price of their deception by exposing this heresy. According to them Hitler has escaped the day of judgement in this manner, and multi millions of people across the globe are supposed to believe their loved ones are annihilated out of eternity. It has been a money spinning dogma for many years, by bleeding the Greek people dry by threats of exhuming bodies if yearly payments on graves are not paid,
24) Jot and Tittle heresy -
The Orthodox religion treats the bible as if it was a box of chocolates were they can pick and choose things from different covenants,
The Orthodox religion treats the bible as if it was a box of chocolates were there can pick and chose things from different covenants, and meld them together into a man made potpourri religion. The fact is the entire Mosaic Law was nailed to the cross and "done away" (2 Cor 3) or (Col 2:14-17) "nailed to his cross" or "made old" (Heb 8:13) being replaced by new testament law based on the two commandments, not the old ten commandments as its centrepiece (Gal 6:2 & Matt 7:24).
From this heretical view of lifting old law into the new covenant, in effect trying to put old wine into new bottles, we see all manner of old laws and concepts poisoning their faith, from huge things like fancifully imagining an old style priesthood now, down to trivia like insisting the clergy have beards Lev 19:27 & Lev 21:5) and long hair (Numbers 6:5 etc).
25) Filioque issues:
It is not necessary to form a doctrine on this. It is a diversion from other more important issues, such as the definition of "the gospel by which we are saved" 1 Cor 15:1-4 & Luke 24:44-48. Its heresy as they force catechumen to make a decision on it before baptism.
the word inserted in the Western (Pope's) version of the Nicene Creed to assert the doctrine of the procession of the Holy Ghost from the Son as well as from the Father, which is not admitted by the Eastern Church. It was one of the central issues in the Great Schism of 1054.
ORIGIN Latin, literally ‘and from the Son’.
I would say it is obvious that "the filioque" issue is entirely unnecessary to profess an exact doctrine upon for salvation, or baptism, and it amounts to yet another diversion tactic away from studying more important issues, and a factor in a process of indoctrination in regards to it and allowing baptism via so called "Catechumen" or the Catholic version "confirmation".