the refutation of the false church of Eastern Orthodoxy.
the refutation of the false church of Eastern Orthodoxy.
the refutation of the false church of Eastern Orthodoxy.
VOCABULARY 1: a - h
a gold mine of information about Eastern Orthodoxy.
Expounded Heresies 26 - 50
THE TOP 100 HERESIES & ERRORS
OF THE EASTERN ORTHODOX RELIGION:
undergoing extensive revision......
Ethno-phyletism issues: (etymology. love of your tribe).was coined at the Holy and Great pan-Orthodox pan-Orthodox Synod that met in Istanbul (formerly Constantinople) in 1872. The meeting was prompted by the creation of a separate bishopric by the Bulgarian community of Istanbul for parishes only open to Bulgarians.
In our modern day and age racism of any kind is a really massive issue. off the scale in importance. Some churches in certain countries want an Orthodox bishop of their own race, and some want to go further, and to have only people of their own race and culture in the church building. In countries ravaged by ethnic divisions, civil war, and civil unrest. some fear strangers or worse enemies in their midst, frankly even bombers ot shooters.
But let us face facts, this issue is really the root of the 1054 Schism - the old Roman Empire was always being split into East and West, partly because of cultural differences, the schism was no big shock in retrospect. Some countries simply resent being told by some "outside force" who their bishop ought to be, especially if they have a popular candidate.
With such social complexity going on, who to condemn and who to commend, if you think the entire church idea of an authoritative hierarchy is bogus in the first place, is confusing. For me the main underpinning conceptual heresy is the idea a bunch of men, like the self inflated hierarchy of Orthodoxy, telling people what to do in another country, as that is the main cause of trouble in that there would be no "friction over the race of who should be bishop" if these phoney authoritarians were not giving out "orders" in the first place in contradiction of the native people's will. It is socially complex with many angles to see it from.
27) Bogus hierarchy / pyramid system:
from First among equals down to the Laity - the Nicolaitane heresy Greek "Nico" higher than, lording it over "Laitan" the Laity.
- from First among equals (including nuns, monks and monasteries) Laity issue. priests who dont exist. & Holy Orders.
Essentially Eastern Orthodoxy, and Catholicism, are unbiblical pyramid systems where the so called "laity" are in effect the lowest of the low, almost like a lower caste, with the Pope or the Primus inter pares at the top, and Catholic and Orthodox laity at the bottom like a doormat.
28) "Primus inter pares":
Is what amounts to the title of the comparatively rather impotent and inert Orthodox Pope.
Is what amounts to the title of the comparatively impotent and inert Orthodox Pope. The concept of the "first among equals" is that of giving this title to a person whose office was founded historically first, in Eastern Orthodoxy the Patriarch of Constantinople, The idea of having Patriarchal bishops over huge jurisdictions, and a lower form of bishops, is not found in new covenant law. He is in reality "the first among heretics" taking on for himself a more terrible day of judgement in respect of his boasting, just as the Pope has.
The title of Primus inter pares was also taken by Constantine, a murderer the Orthodox have chosen to follow instead of the example of Christ. The Orthodox Pope also preaches murder.
29) Fasting by rote:
Jesus said to keep your fasting secret, not have special clockwork calendar days specified for fasting.
Jesus said to keep your fasting secret, not have special clockwork calendar days specified for fasting. This breaks the general new testament directive "Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward." (Matt 6:16). It also puts burdens on mens back grievous to be born who, unlike the parasite priests and bishops of the Orthodox religion, often have to do a hard days work and need energy.
example: Lent. (Gr. Sarakosti). The fifty day fast preceding Easter for the spiritual preparation of the faithful to observe the feast of the Resurrection.
30) Celibacy of clergy:
Peter was married. Pastors should treat their wife and children well.
Celibacy. The unmarried state of life. Unlike the Roman Church, Orthodoxy permits a clergyman to be married; however, his marriage must occur before his ordination to be a deacon or presbyter. Orthodox bishops are only chosen from the celibate clergy, but widowers, who have accepted monastic vows, may also be chosen.
31) Apostolic Succession:
the supposedly uninterrupted transmission of spiritual authority from the Apostles through the successive laying on of hands by one bunch of heretics after another throughout multiple generations,
OED defines this as
(in Christian thought) the uninterrupted transmission of spiritual authority from the Apostles through successive popes and bishops, taught by the Roman Catholic Church but denied by most Protestants.
The Orthodox, but also the popes say this too. A line of unbroken succession all the way back to the Apostles. Think of all those murdering, sinful, cruel, warped, twisted, evil, crusading, holy inquisition popes. What kind of hand-me-down farce do they call that? continued.....
32) Orthodox false prophets.
(as well as teachers). Yes they are pentecostal in that they have a whole host or herd of false prophets.
33) Mary Heresies
1) Mary as mediator.
2) Praying to Mary (a worshipful act).
3) Mary possessing attributes of God, like her having the ability to hear many thousands of prayers at the same time. (While she is still dead).
4) The Dormition that is Mary Floated up to heaven (this was dogmatically defined by Pope Pius XII on 1 November 1950, in the apostolic constitution Munificentissimus Deus by exercising papal infallibility. and called The Assumption, in order to hide the idiocy of praying to someone who is dead) but the Orthodox say she died first before assumption and have described this as "ecclesiastical conviction but not dogma" however doesn't that just make it one of their "church traditions" that are supposed to be on a par with scripture anyway? Such duplicity.
5) Theotokos means "God bearer" and to be fair does not mean the identical same thing as the RC heresy of calling her "The Mother of God". But many Orthodox do call her the Mother of God in English, and I personally suspect it is a Litmus Test or Freudian slip when they do as to those of them who are secretly ecumenical.
6) Mary never had "original sin", but here we say this because they say this of all humanity, not just Mary as being special, that is they are basically Semi-Pelagian. However I believe the Orthodox are quite right to deny we inherit the guilt of Adam's actual sins.
7) The perpetual virginity of Mary. But the bible tells us clearly she never had sex until she had given birth to Jesus. The bible says Jude was the brother of Jesus.
8) Was the physical ovum of Mary used in the conception of Christ in Orthodoxy? (cannot find any Orthodox who even know the answer, the topic is controversial and includes many awkward and dodgy subjects like Ex nihilo, and traducianism)
34) False "Equal to the Apostles" figures.
(eg The Emperor Constantine)
34) False Apostles - equal to Apostles (eg Constantine)
(division over this)
36) Heathen Calendars:
as part of the Faith full of false god's names etc.
37) No music. they choose old testament laws, like beards and incense, like a religious potpourri, and yet they throw out music, that the new and old testament both encourage.
This is often linked to the chanting of many heretical teachings, chiefly that of the "holy eucharist" or their version of the blasphemy of the mass.
39) Their version of the Talmud,
Catechisms, prayer books, calendars, canon law, traditions, liturgies, giant tomes of writings by spurious flaky pseudo saints, hermits and the like.
= Catechism, prayer books,
calendars etc (all diversions away from the bible). including - The Canon Liturgical / 73) Canons (or Canon Law). / the 7 Ecumenical. Council, / Euchologion. / Horologion. / Rudder. (Gr. Pedalion). The book containing the rules and regulations /
40) Consecrated Ground:
You do not need to be buried in consecrated ground. Defrauding people over this in Greece.
(see digging up the dead) - and financial extortion. There is entirely nothing stopping a Christian being buried in a secular graveyard. It is nonsense that you must be buried in ground sanctified by incense swinging, holy water splashing. etc by bogus priest, (or whatever other ceremonies they might fancifully invent to declare ground "consecrated"). It is a logical deduction they believe other denominations bury their dead in "unholy ground" in an "unholy manner".
41) Nepsis linked with Catharsis:
when linked with Monastic practices is an oxymoronic concept.
42) Holy Unction:
This is not a sacrament in Eastern Orthodoxy as it is in Catholicism. It seems the Orthodox chose to emphasise the use of chrism on babies, and the Catholics oil anointing on the dying, as if the process somehow cleanses the soul.
However Orthodoxy links anointing the sick with chrism/oil linked with confession to their priests and the blasphemy of the mass,
God requires repentance not penances. Wearing sackcloth when mourning is not penance.
The Roman Catholics were so determined to falsify penances in the bible in their Douay Bible they mistranslated Matt 4:17 to say, quote "From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say: Do penance, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Though I have yet to find the Orthodox stooping to such false warping of scripture (as yet), Orthodoxy does hand out penances to people. One Orthodox priest told me (against their own vow to privacy) he told a woman who had an abortion to adopt a baby as a penance. Though this is an extreme example they do practice penances. It is just another example of the theme that the more "powers" you invent for their pseudo priests and bishops, the tighter their grip in lording it over the laity. (see 1 Samuel 15:22)
note: The First Crusade was also inspired by the idea of protecting people "On pilgrimage to the Holy Land" when pilgrimages (especially as penances) are also unbiblical. This practice of pilgrimages protected by violence therefore usurped over the commands of Jesus of a Love and Peace life style.
44) Born Again:
this is a spiritual rebirth, to receive a nature tending toward good, and become a spiritual child of God upon repentance and belief. Not in Orthodoxy where it is linked to bogus triple baptism, chrismation, etc, on babies.
When a person repents and accepts the gospel (believes in Jesus) he not only receives the free gift of eternal life (unless you have believed in vain), but also one of the "new and better promises" (Heb 8:6 & Eze 36:26) is to be spiritually born again to become one of God's children, receiving a new nature that tends toward doing good, instead of evil, and crying Abba Father to God. Jesus showed this is a spiritual birth in John 3 by comparing it to the wind (invisible like the soul and spirit of man). In the true Christian religion this rebirth makes you part of the one church of God immediately, his bride, without some man deciding if you have to his vain satisfaction answered a list of confirmation or catechumen issues correctly.
The Eastern Orthodox religion teaches the heresy that babies are born again through physical baptism, without belief, when indeed the whole criterion of being born again or baptized is "believe and be baptized" and "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved". This is called by them "the laver of regeneration".
45) Burial issues:
1) digging up the dead.
1) one of the faithful in consecrated ground, (consecrated by heretics)
3) according to the Orthodox rites and service of burial (Nekrosimos). (bogus man made rites of no importance)
4) The Church may deny an Orthodox burial to those who have committed a mortal sin such as blasphemy, suicide, denial of faith, or acceptance of cremation. In other words refusing to bury a person if he became a real Christian (for instance). Pure heresy and manipulation.
46) Chrismation Renunciation of Errors:
in essence they renounce the Evangelical and Protestant Faith and the Reformation if proselytized into Orthodoxy.
47) Denial of Original sin:
concept of ancestral sin instead equivalent to Semi-Pelagianism.
48) Call men "Father":
Jesus specifically said "call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." Matt 23:9.
Jesus specifically said "call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." Matt 23:9. Scripture itself qualifies the exceptions, by its own use, your physical father on earth, the "fathers" as important historical figures in scripture itself, but never as a spiritual title for a living person, and certainly not for a gaggle of historical Orthodox heretics.
One addresses a Greek Orthodox Priest as “Father”.
They actually say this is a sacrament in and of itself, and only through their priests can one receive the Holy Spirit through chrismation.
They actually say this is a sacrament, and that the Holy Spirit is imparted through it. If so, if they and Roman Catholicism were supposedly one church at one point in history, when was it dropped by the Catholics. Worse as other churches don't do it, how could anyone else be saved?
50) Their definition of heresy is (ironically) heresy.
The true definition of heresy is doctrine that contradicts the fundamentals of the Faith, the law of the new and better covenant, and denies works of the flesh, "and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;" 1 Tim 1:10. Their definition is to contradict their false church and warped theology and spurious authors.
quote: (their definition)
Heresy. (Gr. "new and personal belief or idea"). The denial or rejection of a revealed dogma or belief accepted and professed by the Church. An individual who begins a heresy is a heretic and is excommunicated.
Real Heresy is caustic serious false doctrine, against the law and teachings of the new and better covenant (Gal 6:2 & Matt 7:24) that usually attacks one of two things:
1) Teachings fundamental to the Faith (Jude 1:3) such as the doctrine of the Holy Trinity, the resurrection of Jesus, the virgin birth, the definition of the good news (Gal 1:6-9) or specifically "the gospel by which we are saved" etc.
2) The justification of sins described as "the works of the flesh' (Gal 5:19-21 & Rev 21:8). etc. such as adultery, murder witchcraft, theft, kidnapping, etc
The Eastern Orthodox depart from the safety, sureness, and authority of God's holy word, and define heresy instead as that which contradicts their church and its plethora of writings of so called fathers, liturgies, creeds, canons, and councils, which for the most part amount to "Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." Mark 7:7, and such traditions and writings that they have are similar to the Jewish Talmud, massive tomes of bogus writings designed as a diversion of the soul away from the word of God.