THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS.
HOW GOD SEES ROME. ROMAN CATHOLICS, AND THE POPE:
If we prove from the bible Rome is the Mother of Harlots, her rebel daughters (as she is a mother) are obviously the various Orthodox churches, who have very similar distinguishing features in doctrine, especially salvation by sacerdotalism (priestcraft) and your own works, and a multitude of idols. Below the Catholics self identify who the city of Rome is, as they did on several medals. On the right the image is identical to the Book of Revelation, as the so called Holy Mother Church or "Sancta Mater Ecclesiae" holds the mass cup out to the world.
Proving Rome is
MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT:
The Italians sat Rome was started by the brothers Romulus and Remus. Romulus killed his own brother to take power. Though this is probably a myth, it describes the characteristics of the history of the City of Rome. It is characterized by murder and treachery.
THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS:
People rightly quote in the Spirit scriptures about this Whore Church, things like "don't go into her house!" From Proverbs! It is a spirit of religious seduction!
Jesus is Savior.com quote:
HOW ORTHODOX EASTERN (Greek) CHURCHES DIFFER DOCTRINALLY FROM ROMAN CATHOLICISM:
-reject the doctrine of papal infallibility and the authority of the Roman Pope.
- Have 2 pillars of authority (Bible & tradition)...not 3 as Roman Catholicism..
- allow their priests to marry (before ordination) However, bishops must be celibate.
- reject sprinkling as a mode of baptism
- They still practice infant baptism, but do it by immersion.
They, like Romanism, believe that baby baptism is one of the seven sacraments which is necessary for salvation, in Greek Orthodox Churches, baptism is done by three-fold immersion.
- They also practice infant communion.
- They reject purgatory, but it is believed that the dead may and do pray for those on earth.
- Greek orthodox churches reject image and relic worship which is prominent in Roman Churches, and they also reject the sale of indulgences (which are 'surplus' good works which can be transferred to others as RCC teaches)
- Mass is performed in the Greek language instead of Latin.
-The honor Mary but do not worship her in the way Roman Catholicism does. They do not believe in immaculate conception of Mary or Assumption of Mary like RCC does.
- They do grant divorce (unlike RCC)
The Whore of Babylon
The Mother of Harlots (her daughters are the various Orthodox false churches)
It is an anachronism to say Vatican City was founded 11 February 1929 and therefore Revelation chapters 17 and 18 do not apply to the Roman Catholics, as her murders (for instance) almost all happened before this.
HOLY MOTHER CHURCH:
Icons of "The Holy Mother Church"
who is she?
In Icons the Mother church is often depicted as "the boat of the church" carrying the Faithful to salvation. Seems like Charon the Ferry Man. Perhaps this is where the Reformation image "The Ship of Fools" had its origin? Apparently the parody of Romanism, was supposed to be rooted in "Book VI of Plato's Republic, about a ship with a dysfunctional crew:". How ironic, I mean he was Greek. For you to later adopt this as a symbol of your Mother Church is highly strange.
if you are looking for a iconic image that is Orthodox that loosely corresponds for what you are looking for it is the Fishing Boat of the Apostles that then was stylized to include the whole church which is lower case t, traditional, not part of Holy Tradition
Titular head and Constantinople Province
Our Mother Church is JERUSALEM.
They believe the church in S
Smyrna was Orthodox, and remains to this day
QUOTE: "The Orthodox Churches of Greece and Russia are sister churches. What they teach and what they proclaim in worship are the same."
The Bible: Revelation Chapter 17
1) And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
2) With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
3) So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
4) And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
5) And upon her forehead was a name written,
BABYLON THE GREAT,
THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS
AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
6) And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
7) And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
8) The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
9) And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
10) And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
11) And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
12) And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
13) These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
14) These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
15) And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
16) And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
17) For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.
18) And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
The Bible: Revelation Chapter 18
1) And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
2) And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
3) For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
4) And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
5) For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
6) Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
7) How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
8) Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
9) And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,
10) Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.
11) And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:
12) The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,
13) And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.
14) And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.
15) The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,
16) And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!
17) For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,
18) And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!
19) And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.
20) Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.
21) And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
22) And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;
23) And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.
24) And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
The great whore. Rome has played the harlot with idols, Mary worship, calling the Pope by titles of God, like Holy Father, and by calling the mass bread and wine the "body, blood, soul and divinity" of Jesus.
Many waters: The waters are the people of Earth. Rev 17:15, 17:18
"the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour" - Purple - political powerScarlet - religious power"gold, precious stones, pearls" - rich pomposity of the Popes and Catholicismm"a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:"golden cup = the mass, and riches. spiritual fornication, pretense of the mass as "body, blood, soul and divinity of Christ"
1) and slaves - trade and profit from slavery
2) and souls of men - notice this is very exact, making a difference between trading in slaves and souls, that is.... indulgences, "the moment the coin drops into the coffer the soul leaps from Purgatory!" Akin to this is that false churches make profit from funerals.
The Seven Catholic / Orthodox
"No more at all" Sins of quote "That Great City Babylon":
1) The fruits that thy soul lusted after - world wide trade in artifacts, and dainty and goodly things. Catholics freely traded
2) musicians - pretentious religious music, chanting etc
3) craftsman - idols, church finery etc
4) millstone - the mass bread
5) the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived. (candles - tradition "false prayer")
6) bride and groom - marriage falsely termed a sacrament
7) thy sorceries - the witchcraft of her heresies and practices
"the blood of prophets.... saints....all that were slain upon the earth.
"The Holy Inquisition, The Crusades, The Conquistadores Witch burning, deaths and torture.Execution of sinners (such as adulterers)Burning and execution of so called heretics - for example see Foxes Book of MartyrsMassacres - like that of the Saint Bartholomew's Day MassacreMurderous supression of budding churches - such as the LollardsMurderous supression of sects, The Rules of Just War more........
The Whore of Babylon is a CITY built on 7 Hills. Ancient Rome? Then why is it judged at the end of the age? So God can take revenge on the Romans by destroying the Catholics? Dumb theology. And it certainly is not Jerusalem. You live in denial.