THE TOP 100 HERESIES & ERRORS
OF THE EASTERN ORTHODOX RELIGION:
under construction & reorganisation
1) Triple salvation false Gospel:
called tri-synergism, reduces Jesus to a semi Saviour and denies the truth of John 3:16.
2) They have not made the new and better covenant with God.
By inventing a fake meaning of what being born again is, and how it happens, the Eastern Orthodox church have not entered into "the new and better covenant founded on better promises." with God. Four of these promises are:
1) Born again (circumcised heart of flesh not stony)
2) We shall all know God from the least to the greatest.
3) The law of the new covenant is written on our hearts (thus brought into mind by the Holy Ghost).
4) Sincerity as the consequence of the fulfilled Passover Feast.
3) Blasphemy of the Orthodox Mass
called "the divine liturgy":
This is described in the Book of Revelation 17:4.
It differs from a Catholic mass in two major ways:
1) Epiklesis. differs from the supposed concept of power given of itself from God to the Catholic priest. In the Anaphora (Eucharistic Prayer) by which the priest invokes the Holy Spirit.
2) Metousiosis: this differs from transubstantiation, as the later definition is:
"the conversion of the substance of the Eucharistic elements into the body and blood of Christ at consecration, only the appearances of bread and wine still remaining." The Eastern Orthodox refuse to say how the change occurs, just that it does occur, thus they refuse to confirm (or deny) the word "substance", and use instead the word "essence" being changed.
note: try to understand that if they allow their views on this to be too divergent, and the Orthodox try to deny they eat human flesh at all, it blows to smithereens the idea they were once "one holy catholic and apostolic church" together as in the Nicene Creed.
note: both being his physical actual body both break the prophecy in both the old and new covenants "thou shalt not suffer thy holy one to see corruption." Psalm 16:10. Acts 2:27. Acts 13:35.
3) Triple Infant Baptism:
4) Marriage and Divorce and Sexual heresies and controversies:
1) Adultery: by divorce and remarriage.
a) Adulterous remarriage: By the heretical misinterpretation of porneia in Matt 5:32 to include post marital adultery.
b) Sexual Antinomianism: By saying a second marriage is adultery, but the priest prounonce them forgiven while actually still carrying on in an unbiblical wedlock.
2) Invested Authority to marry a couple: I have heard old calendarist Orthodox no only say New Calendar Orthodox are not saved, but that their children are all born bastards, because only a "true" Orthodoxy old calendar clergyman has the invested power to join others in wedlock.
also... due to its history, the Greek island of Syros has a mixed population of Catholics and Orthodox, and two weddings take place for the same couple on their wedding(s) day, in both churches
3) heretical definition of Bigamy.
That springs from their heretical interpretation of "porneia" in Matt 5:32. This also undermines the fact it was Jesus himself who first banned polygamy.
4) Celibacy of the clergy: but not identical to Roman Catholicism,
5) Ban on marrying "God parents" - when the concept of God-parents is not found in scripture in the first place in order to ban it on grounds of affinity.
5) Mass murder, war and violence.
this also includes witch murders, superstitious murders, imprisonments
6) A Fake Bible:
A bogus old testament canon adding books like Bel and the Dragon, never accepted by the Jews. They add-in even more of these phoney books than the Catholics do. Old testament was also translated from Greek instead of Hebrew.
7) Denial of Sola Scriptura:
see 1 Timothy 3: 15
8) Ruled over by Pharisees.
"Be not like the Pharisees" is a command of Jesus. Their clergy are practically clones of the Pharisees, even down to the scraggly unkempt beards.
9) Idols (see shrines below):
No, Jesus was not a walking talking icon, Jesus was Jesus, and icons of God or gods are idols.
10) Denial of eternal Hell:
The Eastern Orthodox Church officially and explicitly denies the everlasting physical Lake of Fire in a physical body.
the vain and pompous doctrine of human deification, first professed by Lucifer in Isaiah 14:14 "I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High."
12) Forgery of History:
13) Bogus saints:
all Christians are saints, Romans 1.
16) The spirit of Churchianity: that is man-made customs, rites, traditions, ceremonies, uniforms, religious trappings, architecture and such like, with which the Whore of Babylon (Rome) and her daughters (the various Orthodox churches) have deceived all nations with the spirit of an idol ridden and anti gospel false religion. "for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived." Rev 18:23
17) Fake miracles.
holy fire, myrrh dripping icons
18) Liturgical worship,
and calendarization of lifestyle
19) Prayer heresies -
1) Praying for the dead.
2) The dead can pray for you!
3) Praying to the dead.
4) Vain repetitions in prayer.
5) Cycle of Prayer.
6) Jesus Prayer.
7) Mary as Mediator.
8) Prayer Books.
10) The prayer rope - the Orthodox answer to the rosary.
confessing your sins to an heretic who can forgive no one, nor mediate God's forgiveness.. Preposterous,
21) Relics, preposterous artefacts,
including "death cult" worship
22) Their definition of the church:
They are the only true church identical to the first (yet nothing like it). One long list of anachronisms, uniforms, miters, liturgies etc.
23) Cremation destroys the soul:
The old Orthodox tradition that cremating a person means they are not resurrected is absurd.
24) Jot and Tittle heresy -
The Orthodox religion treats the bible as if it was a box of chocolates were they can pick and choose things from different covenants,
25) Filioque issues:
It is not necessary to form a doctrine on this. It is a diversion from other more important issues, such as the definition of "the gospel by which we are saved" 1 Cor 15:1-4 & Luke 24:44-48. Its heresy as they force catechumen to make a decision on it before baptism.
26) Uniforms. 26) Uniforms. OR ??? Ethnophyletism issues: ???
27) Bogus hierarchy / pyramid system:
from First among equals down to the Laity - the Nicolaitane heresy Greek "Nico" higher than, lording it over "Laitan" the Laity.
28) "Primus inter pares":
Is what amounts to the title of the comparatively rather impotent and inert Orthodox Pope.
29) Fasting by rote:
Jesus said to keep your fasting secret, not have special clockwork calendar days specified for fasting.
30) Celibacy of clergy:
Peter was married. Pastors should treat their wife and children well.
31) Apostolic Succession:
the supposedly uninterrupted transmission of spiritual authority from the Apostles through the successive laying on of hands by one bunch of heretics after another throughout multiple generations,
32) Orthodox false prophets.
(as well as teachers). Yes they are pentecostal in that they have a whole host or herd of false prophets.
33) Mary Heresies
1) Mary as mediator.
2) Praying to Mary (a worshipful act).
3) Mary possessing attributes of God, like her having the ability to hear many thousands of prayers at the same time. (While she is still dead).
4) The Dormition that is Mary Floated up to heaven (this was dogmatically defined by Pope Pius XII on 1 November 1950, in the apostolic constitution Munificentissimus Deus by exercising papal infallibility. and called The Assumption, in order to hide the idiocy of praying to someone who is dead) but the Orthodox say she died first before assumption and have described this as "ecclesiastical conviction but not dogma" however doesn't that just make it one of their "church traditions" that are supposed to be on a par with scripture anyway? Such duplicity.
5) Theotokos means "God bearer" and to be fair does not mean the identical same thing as the RC heresy of calling her "The Mother of God". But many Orthodox do call her the Mother of God in English, and I personally suspect it is a Litmus Test or Freudian slip when they do as to those of them who are secretly ecumenical.
6) Mary never had "original sin", but here we say this because they say this of all humanity, not just Mary as being special, that is they are basically Semi-Pelagian. However I believe the Orthodox are quite right to deny we inherit the guilt of Adam's actual sins.
7) The perpetual virginity of Mary. But the bible tells us clearly she never had sex until she had given birth to Jesus. The bible says Jude was the brother of Jesus.
8) Was the physical ovum of Mary used in the conception of Christ in Orthodoxy? (cannot find any Orthodox who even know the answer, the topic is controversial and includes many awkward and dodgy subjects like Ex nihilo, and traducianism)
34) False "Equal to the Apostles" figures.
(eg The Emperor Constantine)
34) False Apostles - equal to Apostles (eg Constantine)
(division over this)
36) Heathen Calendars:
as part of the Faith full of false god's names etc.
37) No music. they choose old testament laws, like beards and incense, like a religious potpourri, and yet they throw out music, that the new and old testament both encourage.
This is often linked to the chanting of many heretical teachings, chiefly that of the "holy eucharist" or their version of the blasphemy of the mass.
39) Their version of the Talmud,
Catechisms, prayer books, calendars, canon law, traditions, liturgies, giant tomes of writings by spurious flaky pseudo saints, hermits and the like.
40) Consecrated Ground:
You do not need to be buried in consecrated ground. Defrauding people over this in Greece.
41) Nepsis linked with Catharsis:
when linked with Monastic practices is an oxymoronic concept.
42) Holy Unction:
This is not a sacrament in Eastern Orthodoxy as it is in Catholicism. It seems the Orthodox chose to emphasise the use of chrism on babies, and the Catholics oil anointing on the dying, as if the process somehow cleanses the soul.
However Orthodoxy links anointing the sick with chrism/oil linked with confession to their priests and the blasphemy of the mass,
God requires repentance not penances. Wearing sackcloth when mourning is not penance.
44) Born Again:
this is a spiritual rebirth, to receive a nature tending toward good, and become a spiritual child of God upon repentance and belief. Not in Orthodoxy where it is linked to bogus triple baptism, chrismation, etc, on babies.
45) Digging up the dead:
46) Chrismation Renunciation of Errors:
in essence they renounce the Evangelical and Protestant Faith and the Reformation if proselytized into Orthodoxy.
47) Denial of Original sin:
concept of ancestral sin instead equivalent to Semi-Pelagianism.
48) Call men "Father":
Jesus specifically said "call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." Matt 23:9.
They actually say this is a sacrament in and of itself, and only through their priests can one receive the Holy Spirit through chrismation.
50) Their definition of heresy is (ironically) heresy.
The true definition of heresy is doctrine that contradicts the fundamentals of the Faith, the law of the new and better covenant, and denies works of the flesh, "and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;" 1 Tim 1:10. Their definition is to contradict their false church and warped theology and spurious authors.
51) The heretical Nicene Creed:
it is not fit for purpose by having no definition of the "gospel by which we are saved", yet is used to declare Orthodoxy a church.
note: (the issues of the Nicene Creed are very complex as attached to historical proof of the people involved in making it and general number of churches cults and sects in the Empire - I can only try to resolve this later on)
53) Cunning and crafty mystification of doctrine:
54) swearing oaths:
55) Incense ritualism:
56) Priesthood offering up physical sacrifices:
57) A heathen calendar as part of the Faith:
have false gods in them. also
58) Shrines (eastern style):
their enforced pseudo "conversion" by threats
The concept of an Empire whose borders must be defended by Christians with violence and killing, contrary to Galatians 4.
61) The "laity".
The basis of the Nicolaitane heresy.
62) The heresy of directly instructing the Orthodox "laity" to avoid trying to understand the symbolism of the Book of Revelation:
63) The 7 Sins of Rome (Rev 18:1-24):
1) The fruits that thy soul lusted after - world wide trade in artefacts, and dainty and goodly things.
2) pretentious religious music, in the case of Orthodoxy (a daughter of Rome) this takes the form of chanting heresy etc.
3) craftsman - idols, church finery etc
4) millstone - the mass bread
5) candle burning rituals
6) bride and groom - marriage falsely termed a sacrament
7) thy sorceries - the witchcraft of her heresies and practices.
64) Exorcism of children and converts:
65) Angel heresies:
claims they are superior to man, unbiblical angelic hierarchy etc.
66) They deny the Millennium Kingdom. as far as my studies go so far, the Eastern Orthodox religion are amillennialist in their theology.
67) heretical definition of Blasphemy.
Too them for instance it is blasphemous to oppose the mass.
68) Man made Rites:
a total and complete avalanche of them! including Byzantine rites,
69) Three hierarchs.
St. Basil the Great, St. Gregory the Theologian, St. John Chrysostom. All provably heretical, except for the matter there is a lot of evidence both the Catholics and the Orthodox forge history.
70) Sinner saints:
a whole ship full of them.
are considered sacrifices to Mary and saints.
72) The Liturgical Canon,
clockwork religion by rote that contradicts "walk in the Spirit" and the text of which is full of literally dozens of heresies.
73) Canons (or Canon Law).
full well you keep your own traditions and break the law of God.
the bigger the church building, the bigger the ego of the clergy inside it.
75) Leavened Bread & alcoholic wine in the eucharist.
76) Communion of Saints.
similar to spiritism.
77) the Repose of souls of the dead?
A special service held in the Orthodox Church for the repose of the souls of the dead.
The unbiblical ordination of an individual to priesthood through Holy Orders (a sacrament in Catholicism but not Orthodoxy). There is only a royal priesthood in the Christian Faith, not a priesthood offering up physical sacrifices.
79) Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople. The "First Among Equals" of all the Orthodox autocephalous churches, it was founded by St. Andrew the Apostle. see also Hagia Sophia.
(since when? complete bunk.)
Is one of the most blasphemous pseudo-theological words on Planet Earth! The invoking, or prayer that the Holy Ghost might be involved in the blasphemy of the mass. At a certain point this may become the unforgivable blasphemy and explain why so few clergy convert to being real Christians preaching the Peace and Love doctrines of Christ.
81) Extraneous baptismal requirements:
refusing baptism to converts on the grounds they will not make commitments to the Eastern Orthodox perspective on tangled, complex and pedantic issues such as
1) The Filioque,
2) ousia (or how to best precisely express the essence of God,)
Does it sound "in the Spirit" for instance to insist a person is "Homoousios in doctrine" and not "homoiousios in doctrine"? A similar subject is the Monophysitism versus Dyophysitism or Miaphysitism debate.
OR 81) Equal to the Apostles.
82) God-parent indoctrinators
82) God-parents marriage ban. (repeated in marriage heresy)
1) The idea of God-parent sponsors at Baptism and Chrismation is not found in the scriptures. It is part of their indoctrination agenda, which is in itself sin.
83) Defining the true gospel and church as Heterodox.
meaning "alien" or "not acceptable standards" and thus labelling all other churches false belief or teaching. The Orthodox Church describes as such all other Christian denominations.
84) Ancestral sin:
85) The non-canonical but verbally expressed modern heresy - that two gospels save.
pretentiously magnanimous doctrine adopted in debates by the Orthodox that there is more than one "gospel by which we are saved" (1 Cor 15:1-4) when their theology begins to crumble trying to defend their errors, when the bible says otherwise (Gal 1:6-9) and that there is only one specific salvation good news based on belief in (to trust in and rely upon) Christ, not a "process of salvation".
86) The heresy of Masquerading as Evangelicals. Eastern Orthodox clerics and believers sometimes realise they are losing debates in front of Orthodox believers willing to convert, and masquerade as if they believe Evangelical theology on salvation, or something at least a bit nearer, when their actual church does not, and calls the true gospel "heterodoxy". I would like to point out being liars is an heresy. (this differs from the two gospels save masquerade).
87) Liturgical Language Limitation.
(research) limitation on languages that may be used in the Orthodox mass. This was the principle that the Catholics used to hide the bible in Latin from the public for over 1,000 years, as the language of prayer and worship in churches, Latin was imposed by Pope Gregory I. 600 years after Christ
The Word of God forbids praying and teaching in an unknown tongue. (1st Corinthians 14:9).
88) Part of "The Church" -
When does a person become part of the church in Orthodoxy? As a baby after exorcism, triple baptism and chrismation? Or after conformation as a catechumen (after you in effect pass your exam in Orthodox dogma)?
The Nicolaitan heresy is "Nico" to lord it over "Laitan" the Laity. There would be no more perfect example of such power games as refusing baptism to a person because his grasp of theology does not impress you.
The Oxford English Dictionary says
noun [ mass noun ]
(in the Christian Church) the rite at which a baptized person, especially one baptized as an infant, affirms Christian belief and is admitted as a full member of the Church."
This full member phrase differs from born again Christians. We believe you are either a part of the church or not, there is n state of semi membership.
Orthodoxy has a catechumen period and test equivalent to confirmation. Thus you being "in the church" is entirely in a priests hands, only he can baptize you, only he can confirm you and announce you "passed your catechumen exam" . In Evangelicalism the entire thing is between you and God, with no men involved anywhere (1 Cor 1:17).
Born Again Christian = when born again
Orthodox = lording it over the laity (laodicean heresy)
89) Late date on the Gospels:
In order to have as long a period possible for the misnomer phrase "the oral tradition" of sharing Jesus words verbally person to person to go on, the Orthodox traditionally say the gospels were written at a later date than you would logically surmise, so as to undermine Sola Scriptura. In order to remember the words of Jesus precisely why not write them down early?
90) "The Repose of souls of the dead" Service.
in a Memorial Service. (Gr. Mnymosyno).
Holding a service to pray for, and hold a mass for, the souls of the dead is oxymoronic. The religious trappings and rhetoric of such a service are more like a confirmation of damnation, especially holding the belief that a mass performed by a priest has a salvic sacerdotalist effect, or that praying for the dead helps effect a salvation.
91) The Authority to teach:
Evangelicals unashamedly profess and believe in having a relationship with God, were the Holy Spirit is our teacher. We have people in church with the ministry of teaching, and others teach like Pastors, however we also believe our relationship with God comes first, and if we choose to believe the Holy Spirit tells us something, we will believe that rather than a teacher we believe is in error. We thus take responsibility for what we choose to believe on the day of judgement.
This is opposite to the teaching of Orthodoxy with their hand-me-down long list of false doctrines, by a pseudo church full of man-made rituals, rites, religious trappings and devotion by rote. They believe church authority to teach is given by the laying-on of hands from one religious spiritual dwarf to another.
92) The Mother Church.
To the Orthodox the first church was the one in Constantinople, but Jesus said the first church was that in Jerusalem, quote "And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem." Matt 24:47.
The search through various prayers and practices to achieve unity with God in life (theosis) (see hesychasm).
94) Orthodox. (Gr. "correct or true belief"). The common and official name used by the Greek Christians and Eastern Christian Church. The Orthodox Church maintains Her belief that She alone has kept the true Christian faith, complete and unaltered (dumb - infallible heresy).
95) Subterfuge about Grace. (in Orthodox theology)
1) Divine energy emanating from the Divine Essence.
2) Uncreated Light;
3) Divine Power; communicated by the Holy Spirit for many purposes, the highest of which is spiritual transformation, healing and Communion with God.
note: no mention of the Protestant and Evangelical Greek scholars definition of "unmerited favour" an issue that needs confronting. It seems the Orthodox Greeks are being entirely deceptive here in a way that needs much debate, clarity and exposure. To prove it is unmerited favour see Eph 2:8-9 and Rom 11:6.
96) Heretical definition of sacraments:
the American Eastern Orthodox Christian quote "All Sacraments (they made up many false ones) were instituted by Christ for the salvation of the believer.
There are only two sacraments or symbolic practices in the new covenant, they are baptism and communion, both symbolically outlining the central good news message of the gospel (1 Cor 15:1-4 & Luke 24:44-48) of the sacrifice of Christ, in the case of Baptism including the resurrection. As simply symbols nether is salvific in any way (1 Cor 1:17).
97) Three hierarchs. The Orthodox Church considers in particular three bishops (hierarchs) of the Church as Her most important Teachers and Fathers, who contributed to the development and the spiritual growth of the Church. They are
1) St. Basil the Great, liturgies and mass attributed to him
2) St. Gregory the Theologian, a theology dunce if he agreed with Orthodoxy
3) St. John Chrysostom. - The Divine Liturgy of Saint John Chrysostom said to be a "mass" in the Byzantine Rite.
99) Chrismation: They actually say this is a sacrament, and that the Holy Spirit is imparted through it. If so, if they and Roman Catholicism were supposedly one church at one point in history, when was it dropped by the Catholics. Worse as other churches don't do it, how could anyone else be saved?
100) Deceiving their own family into Hell.
101: Indoctrination of children and toddlers:
Catechism. A summary of doctrine and instruction, teaching the Orthodox faith in the form of questions and answers. The catechetical or Sunday school of each parish is responsible for such "instruction" of children or other faithful.
God-parents at christmation.
note: their sinister indoctrination process.
**) Denial of Works of the flesh??? that came about by the specific Catholic vocabulary (instead of biblical vocabulary) of "venial" and "mortal" sin. (tricky subject this)
102) Hank Hanegraaff and the Fifty Fifty Cult:
Hank Hanegraaff's apostasy from the Protestant Faith into Eastern Orthodoxy is of significance more because he is highlighting a new wave of heresy in the Orthodox religion, that might be best called "the fifty fifty cult" were the Orthodox do not exercise the discipline that is supposed to characterize their church, and allow people like Hank to preach a shape shifting new potpourri religion that is neither Evangelical, nor Orthodox. So just remember - every time you hear him preaching he is living proof of a lack of discipline in the Orthodoxy Faith (proof they are not in the Spirit in itself), and that they allow their novice proselytes to preach what amounts to a new fifty fifty cult that is neither Protestantism nor Eastern Orthodoxy just contradictory nonsense.
Calendar issue - Christmas: the annual Christian festival celebrating Christ's birth, held on 25 December in the Catholic Church and Modern Eastern Orthodox, and 6th January by the Old Calendarists. The official sites like to miss it out their dictionaries as it is an immediate reminder the two dates for it refute that =Tradition is on a par with holy scripture.
68) Burial heresies.
1) one of the faithful in consecrated ground, (consecrated by heretics)
2) according to the Orthodox rites and service of burial (Nekrosimos). (bogus man made rites of no importance)
3) The Church may deny an Orthodox burial to those who have committed a mortal sin such as blasphemy, suicide, denial of faith, or acceptance of cremation. In other words refusing to bury a person if he became a real Christian (for instance). Pure heresy and manipulation.
Name-day. instead of your birthday - certain sinner Patron Saints, instead of a birthday party.
for an old list I compiled
see my main website: