TOP 50 Eastern Orthodox Heresies.
TOP 50: PROOFS THEY PREACH A FALSE GOSPEL.
40) They deny the imputation of the righteousness of Christ to the believer, and the concept of "The Lord our righteousness."
41) Priests forgive sins .
43) Child confession to priests . (child)
45) Eastern Orthodox Prayer of Absolution for the dead.
and Orthodox Extreme Unction or "The Last Rites".
46) Catechumen (differs from Catholicism)
47) The meaning of the Greek word for GRACE changed : & "believe in" quote "Grace is the very energies of God himself." Orthowiki. This is so "grace" can be channelled through acts of bogus priestcraft by Orthodox clergy. In fact the new testament clearly explains the meaning of the word "grace" as "unmerited favour" in Ephesians 2:8-9 and Romans 11:6. The single word "grace" therefore refutes the entire Eastern Orthodox religion, as salvation is by grace alone. As Martin Luther said "One little word will fell him! One little word will fell him!!!"
48) The multiplying of sacraments .
49) Apostolic Succession 2 (that salvation powers are passed on)
((( No Gospel ))) a process, synergy.
50) Theosis, a heresy in itself.
51) Salvation by Works.
52) Salvation by Priestcraft ((( Sacerdotalism (Nicolaitanism) ))) ....also a 2nd Priesthood offering up physical sacrifices:
53) Jesus earned resurrection (not salvation resurrection). In other words Jesus died to burn people in Hell.
54) Repentance "saves".
A deep point of theology is that repentance does not "save". Jesus saves. Repentance is the quality indicator of belief.
55) They deny Christ died as a substitute sacrifice.
Do not be tricked about this subject! The actual issue is that Protestants believe Jesus secured our complete salvation by his death and resurrection, and the Orthodox do not! The issue is a sinner cannot achieve salvation even for himself, by any means, only Christ can, and even in the old covenant it was Faith that pleased God. Man has in fact never been saved by works, but in the new covenant we have grace upon grace.
In the bible account of God asking Abraham to sacrifice his son, then telling him not to, and that he would provide a sacrifice, (which is Jesus the Lamb of God,) pictured in a scapegoat, God himself gives a simile that the sacrifice of ourselves for sin is entirely of no effect for salvation (thus is uselessness substituted by victory) and that only Christ can open the way into eternal life. Remember it is God himself who makes this comparison. (the scripture "Shall he that contendeth with the Almighty instruct him? he that reproveth God, let him answer it." Job 40:2 springs to mind) The demonic things the Orthodox say about this subject is therefore truly shocking and centers around the injection of a distorted use of the word "appeasement" into the story of Isaac. They say such things as:
1) It is like a virgin being thrown alive into a volcano to appease the wrath of a volcano god.
2) You worship Moloch not Yahweh. The God who is angry and needs his wrath appeased through the violent torture and death of his own child. (Archbishop Lazar - quoted by Brad Jersak).
The reason behind them making these outlandish attacks on God's own simile is that if only Christ can achieve salvation by his sacrifice, the Orthodox counterfeit message that salvation itself is a synergy and a process falls apart. Thus absolute extremes of condemnation, and distortions of the core centre of the issue, are poured upon the idea that anything done by us is useless, and only Christ can open the doors of Paradise.
God's wrath is pacified because Jesus destroys our sin, the object of God's wrath, that does not mean that God is "full of wrath and must empty it somewhere" and Jesus volunteers to be the victim, and any Protestant that puts that "twist" on the simile is misunderstanding the simple comparison of a sacrifice that would be without effect and thus is not called for replaced by the sacrifice of Jesus who can destroy sin. To get away from Jesus earning our salvation the Orthodox fantasize that there is only love in God, he can never have wrath against sin in him, which goes against the testimony of scripture, and is a puerile over simplification by them of God's character. Frankly they are calling God a sinner.
The Orthodox never deal with the reality of this Protestant belief because they do not wish to face the reality that Salvation is in Christ alone, not in works, priestcraft rituals, Toll Houses, a synergy or a process. They breathe fire like a dragon at the belief that when Jesus walked out of that tomb, he walked out with the free gift of salvation to anyone believing in him.
The Protestant "Gospel by which we are saved" (1 Cor 15:1-4 & Luke 24:44-48) does not even mention the term substitute sacrifice, it is a method of drawing you away from the central question "did Jesus secure our salvation by his crucifixion and resurrection?" by the Orthodox homing in on distortions of the scapegoat simile. As usual the Orthodox want to try to sneak past the central issue that salvation is a gift.
56) They deny the imputation of the righteousness of Christ to the believer, and the concept of "The Lord our righteousness."
57) The descent into Hell (superfluous add on).
To keep the so called Catholic Faith and be saved, you must believe their view of the "descent into Hell."
58) Salvation by sin: (the "strange fire" error committed by the two sons of Levi (Lev 10:1-2.). Some of the things they say are works aiding in the process of salvation are actually sins. like vain repetition of prayer, doing works before men, and priestcraft acts etc etc etc, Thus..... "sin helps save you!".
59) Orthodox Extreme Unction or "The Last Rites". Holy Unction: sacerdotal - distinct from 13) Extreme Unction or "Last rites".
60) Toll Houses.
^^) Prostration, and bowing - two different though similar errors.
61) the meaning of GRACE changed
Protestant - unmerited favour (Eph 2:6-9 & Romans 11:6)
62) Ordination - linked to the heresy of Apostolic succession, yet in itself a separate heresy, you cannot be a church minister in Orthodoxy except through rituals performed by their inner circle (similar to freemasonry). If God draws and converts a soul he wishes to preach revival in a backslidden area or nation, he is a minister of God by simply his spiritual maturity and anointing of God, he does not have to be "ordained" by the very sinners who need revival and sermons preaching to.
63) That icons, saints bones, artifacts, relics "work miracles" - the cunning justification for this is that through Paul's shadow, Elijah;s bones, the arc of the covenant, the serpent in the wilderness, etc, miracles occurred, and therefore their false claim is true that icons (idols) and saint's bones (usually entirely fake replacements) artifacts and relics (almost all fakes) also work miracles also. It is as dumb as saying "As the Gospel of John is true..... therefore Bel and the Dragon is true, when it is a clear naive forgery).
Deny their fakery? Then you are accused of being Gnostic!
Singing - from my research I conclude the Orthodox BAN singing, and allow only chanting in church. Some might disagree.
Music in church - banned. They pick and choose old testament law and practices, for some reason dumping "praise him on timbrel, and harp, and high sounding cymbals" "string instruments" etc etc.